Waived: Martin Marincin

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Marincin is a decent 6/7, but not enough of an upgrade for a team to claim him and send their 7 down...he prob clears

Reactions: uncleben

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Never was...

I remember in 13-14 when Marincin played his first NHL games being impressed by the kid. Looked poised and much better than some of the other Oilers dmen.

I remember it well because i thought he would be a player for the Oilers. But for whatever reason he never took significant steps forward.

I would give him a shot if i was bottom feeder like Ottawa. Never know what a change of scenery can do and if he's ever going to become something, considering his age, you'll know pretty quickly.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I remember in 13-14 when Marincin played his first NHL games being impressed by the kid. Looked poised and much better than some of the other Oilers dmen.

I remember it well because i thought he would be a player for the Oilers. But for whatever reason he never took significant steps forward.

I would give him a shot if i was bottom feeder like Ottawa. Never know what a change of scenery can do and if he's ever going to become something, considering his age, you'll know pretty quickly.

He’d help any team tanking...guy is huge but plays like a guy half his size.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
He’s actually looked decent this season in the games he’s played. Serviceable on the third pair. Would love to see him get a look somewhere else.

Wouldn’t be upset if he made it to the Marlies either. He was lights out in the AHL last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->