Confirmed with Link: Martin Jones to Kraken

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
His cap hit last season was $2mill.

Let's hope for a one-year deal but the goalie market is super hot right now and good deals are really hard to make, especially when talking about UFAs.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Maybe but that does not really speak well for the goalies left .. LOL.

Also, this kind of shows that the management does not have much confidence in Daccord this season.

If you listened to Francis comments it was basically a given that they would bring in a veteran backup.

D'Accord also wasn't handled all that well by the team during his stints with the NHL club.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Jones is the kind of goalie that D'Accord can have a preseason battle with to be the backup for the Kraken and the starter for the Firebirds.

Quackenator

Mar 6, 2018
Poulsbo, Wa
Jones sucks and i hate this. really wanted Joey up as our backup til dreidger was ready. and justin schultz sucks too. so far not impressed

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Jones sucks and i hate this. really wanted Joey up as our backup til dreidger was ready. and justin schultz sucks too. so far not impressed

Well, Joey was worse than Jones last year, so I think ultimately the Kraken are protecting him with this signing to allow for his development. He's still very young.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
If Schultz is playing bottom pairing minutes, it seems steep and I don’t want him playing up. Jones is fine. Wish he was cheaper. We have 7M ish to spend on one more defenseman or just go with Evans. They might be done. Seems… not aggressive, but there’s hella cap room.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
With the injury that likely wipes out the 2022-23 season for Driedger the Jones signing was a need area. He'll be fine just as long as the Kraken play a more Defensive brand otherwise we are looking at some more lop-sided losses once again. The signing of Schultz surprised me thought Gudbranson would have been better. Cant win them all

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
With the injury that likely wipes out the 2022-23 season for Driedger the Jones signing was a need area. He'll be fine just as long as the Kraken play a more Defensive brand otherwise we are looking at some more lop-sided losses once again. The signing of Schultz surprised me thought Gudbranson would have been better. Cant win them all

Gudbranson got 4x4(the same deal as Larsson) and is one of the bad deasl this offseason.
Even if Schultz only plays on the 3rd pair and doesn't creat too much offensively, I'd rather pay him 2x3 for that instead of having Gudbranson for four years.

Francis also wanted a RHD who can move the puck, somewhat, and Gudbranson certainly isn't that guy.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I like Jones. Liked him with the Calgary Hitmen,the LA Kings and San Jose Sharks. Thought it was a good signing by GMFrancis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad