Martin Erat

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I think you might be watching #20 or #90 or #21 recently and not #10. Erat has been one of the better forwards since he's been moved up the lineup and given more minutes. He's got 7 points in his last 9. If you go back over his last 18 games, he's been on a 55 point pace, which is right in line with his numbers from time in Nashville. I'm probably more partial to Erat than most, but he's been one of the better Caps players when it comes to puck protection/possession and hasn't looked out of place on the PP at all when given a chance.

It isn't the case of a high tide raising all ships either. Brouwer has 5 points in his last 15. Laich has 4 points in his last 21 games. Mojo has 2 in his last 9.

:rant:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Erat is trending up.

But all that really matters?

MP has 10 in his last 12

McPhee Built LLC ©

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Erat giving selfie new meaning

I actually predicted he got a goal 2 games ago but via a dman scoring and him standing nearby

Burakovsky95*

I was watching a few games of last years Erat for the short time we had him. He was playing with Ribs and Brouwer and looked like a completely different player. He looks slower this year and has definitely lost all confidence he once had. He was throwing hits around and making smart plays in the few games he played last year.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That is true, Erat when he showed up here was hitting / finishing his checks.

He saw the teams stars lead the way and by and large never finish checks, so he has since stopped.

Up next is likely Wilson to not bother.

If 1 or 2 players are soft and get injured if they hit, that is fine. We are more the opposite. 0-2 guys per night actually look to be giving their all.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Erat, to my eye, looks soo out of synch on the left side of the ice..
One example stood out last night, on the 3 on 1 where he entered on the left and couldn't even get off a pass before the defender had him pinned in the corner.. Just looks uncomfortable over there.. When he handles the puck on the right side he's way more active, imo..

Oh, and "he'd have 10 more goals if he played on the RW".. :sarcasm: lol

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I am certain only the Caps could turn a solid, proven NHL scorer into this dumpster fire.

Players leaving Caps=breakout years with the change of scenery
Players coming to Caps=50+ games without a goal

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
The one guy that came here and still shined, filled our longtime need for a 2C and actually WANTED to stay in DC, we pushed out the door and let walk.

GMGM is such a horrid GM its unbelievable.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I am certain only the Caps could turn a solid, proven NHL scorer into this dumpster fire.

Players leaving Caps=breakout years with the change of scenery
Players coming to Caps=50+ games without a goal

Or, how many hyped prospects have been core players on bad teams in DC only to end up on some other team's trash heap?

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
The one guy that came here and still shined, filled our longtime need for a 2C and actually WANTED to stay in DC, we pushed out the door and let walk.

GMGM is such a horrid GM its unbelievable.
You mean Fedorov? He wanted way more than he was worth at the time. IIRC, he had just lost loads of money and the KHL offer he got was much higher than the Caps (or just about any NHL team) could afford.

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
I wouldnt say they let Ribs walk. He was asking for way too high and long of a contract and he even said he did not want to be in Washington.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
ribeiro was not pushed out the door. ribeiro wanted to stay in Washington if the Caps would pay him what he wanted. otherwise he was perfectly happy getting that money elsewhere.

MaryChristine*

ribeiro was not pushed out the door. ribeiro wanted to stay in Washington if the Caps would pay him what he wanted. otherwise he was perfectly happy getting that money elsewhere.

Ribieros bad attitude and temper was a liability.
Erat has been mishandled by the organization.
Fire Mcphee.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Ya I don't mind letting Ribs walk as long as they retain Grabo.

I am only content with resigning pending ufa's if the contract is decent. I probably prefer Grabovsk to Ribeiro and he's younger. A contract is easier to get, I think. Ribeiro was looking for his last good contract and the contract was more important than his work conditions. he was much better off with the Capitals as a hockey player.

Grabovski on the other hand owes McPhee a favor for giving him a respectable job and chance to succeed when he was sitting unwanted on the ufa market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad