Martin Erat

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Canucks fan here, generally about the value you perceive Erat to have now as a trade piece. Do you consider him more as a cap dump because of his lack of fit in the team, his high salary and his statements about wanting to get the F out of Washington, or more as a trade because of a legit hard hockey trade because he carries the package of being the Filip Forsberg return?

Could you see him as a part of a struggling player for struggling player deal with somewhat similar caphits? I wouldn't be taking this hypothetical talk any further though as I'm sure mentioning David Booth won't leave anyone salivating over a trade like that, but say if similar comparables would present themselves. So no need to prepare yourself to defend yourself against a Canuck fan troll, I want to act nice. :)

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Well, the long term damage to the organization is done. I don't care what happens with Erat. I'd give him away for free just to stop wasting energy thinking about him.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
If there's a sniff of a chance of something around Erat for Matt Greene, it would be criminal for GMGM to fail to make that happen. Greene is just the sort of D-man we need.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
He got a DNP coach's decision tonight so...

So does that count as a game for him? I'd assume not so I hope we play him more so he can get his Oh fer Fiddy as soon as possible. I will laugh even more at his demands once he has fully embarrassed himself with this pitiable "accomplishment".

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I'd still like to see him given some time at 1LW with these combos

10 84 8
16 19 20

I know it won't happen, but we have tried him briefly on the top line with Ovi, but not with Grabo at C ... I want to see it, even if only for a couple of games

Also in the limited sample when Ovi was hurt, Fehr and Backstrom were a hit ! ... In a limited sample, 21 19 20 are doing nothing as a line

Healthy scratch the last 2 games is Erat, I guess he is either traded or in the doghouse again ... this time permanently

MaryChristine*

It was a typo i didn't notice till long after. I havn't brothered looking into changing it. It happens because my left hand sometimes types faster then my right and i end up switching letters around.

Dude... don't ever change it... it's perfect.. :laugh:

MaryChristine*

This is the Erat Thread... So I'm just going to say.. I was big fan of him shoving his stick to Brad Boyle's wood... If any one deserved to be Erat'd.. it's Brad Boyle.. Plus the GIF is priceless! Thanks for the memories Erat!

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Im kinda rooting for Erat to finish the season with the Caps at this point...just to get this kinda goofy stat line.

0 goals 33 assists. +5

:D

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Anyone have any idea what the record is for highest assist total for a season without recording a goal? Seems like 33 would have to be up there.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
My 2 cents. I remember watching him in Nashville - he is far from that player. No longer has that offensive flair/composure with the puck. It may also be a confidence thing because right now he has a hard time even receiving passes. Can't believe he has slipped as far as he has.

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
Leave him on the top line, let him get comfortable, make him happy. Problem solved. Hes a better player then hes showing.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Leave him on the top line, let him get comfortable, make him happy. Problem solved. Hes a better player then hes showing.

That's great if he produces, but if not then the team is screwed. If the top line doesn't score they don't win games.

Slappy

May 29, 2007
He was just named to Czech team. Happy for him, he's still a good player.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
My 2 cents. I remember watching him in Nashville - he is far from that player. No longer has that offensive flair/composure with the puck. It may also be a confidence thing because right now he has a hard time even receiving passes. Can't believe he has slipped as far as he has.

Any chance you can elaborate. He's supposed to be a right winger but Oates refuses to put him there.

NoLookPass

Jan 16, 2014
I have to think once he gets one goal it'll open up for him. He has the monkey on his back and also has the pressure of having asked for a trade. He just needs the first goal.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
I think you might be watching #20 or #90 or #21 recently and not #10. Erat has been one of the better forwards since he's been moved up the lineup and given more minutes. He's got 7 points in his last 9. If you go back over his last 18 games, he's been on a 55 point pace, which is right in line with his numbers from time in Nashville. I'm probably more partial to Erat than most, but he's been one of the better Caps players when it comes to puck protection/possession and hasn't looked out of place on the PP at all when given a chance.

It isn't the case of a high tide raising all ships either. Brouwer has 5 points in his last 15. Laich has 4 points in his last 21 games. Mojo has 2 in his last 9.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad