Confirmed with Link: Martin Brodeur signed: 1 yr/ $700k (+ $60k and counting!)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
They said he looked good. Which means whatever you want it to mean. I doubt they would say he looks terrible. Hell attend Monday and Tuesday practice and they will make a decision from there

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Finally the Blues found that hall of fame goaltender they've been looking for for so long.

Too bad he's way out of his prime.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
i have a feeling marty might have something left in the tank to make a nice run and steal the #1 job.

I doubt that. Marty knows this is probably nothing more then showcasing for another team. Even if he's absolute garbage. I'll want a jersey

RandallRitchey

Formerly the Bergy Gif guy on Twitter
Jan 26, 2008
St. Louis
www.stlouisgametime.com
If Elliott was just going to miss two weeks, I feel they would have signed Climie to sit on the bench. I just don't see how they bring in a hall of fame goaltender who wants to PLAY, for a few weeks of hockey. Makes me feel like Ells will be out longer than expected.

ryman112

Dec 9, 2012
No matter what it will be a honor to have the greatest goalie of all time on the Blues. I don't care if its 1 game I will have a jersey as well.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
i have a feeling marty might have something left in the tank to make a nice run and steal the #1 job.

Agreed.

And it sounds like if Marty is signed, Jake better watch his back:

If the Blues offer Brodeur a contract, he won't just be a mentor for young goalies Jake Allen, who will be the starter for the immediate future, and Jordan Binnington, who was recalled from the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League.

"I don't need to lean on him," Hitchcock said of Brodeur. "I just need to play him. If he says I'm good to go, and we need games ... (Elliott) is going to be out, and if he says I can play, I'm putting him in ... bottom line."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/martin-brodeur-feels-comfortable-in-blues-uniform-1.2854227

--

That doesn't sound like a guy who is going to be playing backup to anyone when he is ready.

HockeyGuy73

Oct 29, 2010
Tad south of STL.
So...when will be his first game? Chicago or Nashville? I cant see Allen playing both those games back to back. Although if he did, that could be Broduers first game against the Islanders, a team he might be more familiar with being from the east.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don't know what to think about the tryout.

They don't need a veteran like Brodeur to back up Allen for six games. If Elliott is to be out two weeks, we will play about six games.

Would the Blues sign him, keep him for a month or two, and then release him? Would Brodeur be willing to put himself in a situation where this could happen? He is a Hall-of-Famer for sure. He is a proud man. Would he take such a chance?

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
I don't know what to think about the tryout.

They don't need a veteran like Brodeur to back up Allen for six games. If Elliott is to be out two weeks, we will play about six games.

Would the Blues sign him, keep him for a month or two, and then release him? Would Brodeur be willing to put himself in a situation where this could happen? He is a Hall-of-Famer for sure. He is a proud man. Would he take such a chance?

he wants to play. that is the bottom line. so if he ends up with St. Louis it will go one of two ways. Either it will be clear to the rest of the NHL (and possibly to himself) that he doesn't have it any longer or he'll prove people wrong and he will have some gas left in the tank.

This is going to give him the opportunity to show the world one way or the other so I can't see a scenario where this isn't a win-win for him. Holding out for another option isn't a guarantee. If he is not interested, St. Louis has plenty of other options available, this one simply allows the Blues to give up zero assets to deal with this situation.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I don't think Elliott is going to be back any time soon. this could easily be a season ending injury. we have zero data to go with you are stating that he won't be out long.

Brodeur won't be here past Elliott's return.

If it was season ending I think we'd have known by now. If it is actually a season ending injury, than Army is an idiot for bringing Brodeur on with Vokoun and Bryz out there.

WalterSobchak

Blues Trololol
Mar 11, 2004
Where men chunder
www.larddesigns.com
If it was season ending I think we'd have known by now. If it is actually a season ending injury, than Army is an idiot for bringing Brodeur on with Vokoun and Bryz out there.

that isn't how some injuries present themselves. we won't know for a few weeks, we might not even know for a few months if it is season ending. Considering Elliott's past knee injuries (pretty sure they mentioned this was a knee he'd had operated on before) I contend that this ends his season.

pure speculation on my part but nothing that has happened after this injury suggests to me this is a short term situation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad