Mar 29, 2009
Orange, CA
We need to see this:

Perron/Pirri-Getzlaf-Pirri/Stewart/Perron
McGinn-Rakell-Perry
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Garbutt-Thompson/Horcoff-Horcoff/Thompson

Scratches: Santorelli, Stewart/Pirri, Wagner, Ritchie

Just getting Ritchie and Santorelli out of the lineup will be a big help and I honestly wouldn't mind sitting Thompson down once Horcoff comes back. He has been pretty brutal.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Just some comparison to see how bad the value was.

Schultz @ 1.9 million returned a 3rd. Is Maroon worse than Schultz?

Penner @ 1.5 million returned a 4th, and he didn't require retention.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California

I see you neglected to mention the term of the contracts in question

But actually I do think we didn't get very much for him, even though I do agree with trading him away

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
I am watching the San Diego game against Bakersfield (Edmonton's AHL affiliate) and the broadcast crew mentioned Gernat was likely acquired to help translate for Ondrej Kase (who apparently doesn't speak English yet).

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

There is no good explanation on this planet why the Pens acquired Schultz. Nothing he does the remainder of the year will warrant qualifying his $3.9 contract. And if you want to give him a tryout next year, just offer him a FA contract. I don't know what the Pens were thinking.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I am watching the San Diego game against Bakersfield (Edmonton's AHL affiliate) and the broadcast crew mentioned Gernat was likely acquired to help translate for Ondrej Kase (who apparently doesn't speak English yet).

Weren`t there some interviews with Kase already?

I assume he struggles but doubt he can`t understand anything, it doesn`t make sense :laugh:
He plays (or heals :shakehead ) here for half a year and finally we decide to get him a translator :laugh:
Besides, they are not even from the same country or language (although most speak both IIRC) :laugh: So i doubt that info.

Sure it might be easier for them to comunicate because of the history of those countries etc but it can`t be the sole reason.

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Weren`t there some interviews with Kase already?

I assume he struggles but doubt he can`t understand anything, it doesn`t make sense :laugh:
He plays (or heals :shakehead ) here for half a year and finally we decide to get him a translator :laugh:
Besides, they are not even from the same country or language (although most speak both IIRC) :laugh: So i doubt that info.

Sure it might be easier for them to comunicate because of the history of those countries etc but it can`t be the sole reason.

Right, but when a prospect is thrown into a trade for presumably no other reason than to even out contracts why not pick the guy who can help translate for one of your own prospects? That, in my opinion, helps explain why he was part of the return.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Right, but when a prospect is thrown into a trade for presumably no other reason than to even out contracts why not pick the guy who can help translate for one of your own prospects? That, in my opinion, helps explain why he was part of the return.

Sure, that i agree on if the prospect is meh, which it unfortunately was :dunno:

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Sure, that i agree on if the prospect is meh, which it unfortunately was :dunno:

Exactly.

cry1.gif

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
really tall, good skater, good offensive instincts. Relied heavily on his raw tools in junior to post good numbers (also on powerhouse WHL team that won the mem cup). But in AHL he learned the hard way raw tools only get you so far

He puts in (reportedly) no work in the offseason and had serious off season training issues that got management pretty ticked off at him. Hasnt put on any weight since junior and weighs like 180 for a tall guy.

He is ultra soft and lost in his own end. He plays a lazy game, but can show offensive ability

Hell be in Europe in no time

Very very similar to a comparable D the Oilers had..and traded to Toronto..Martin Marincin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad