Proposal: Maroon + 18' 2nd for Bowey

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It would be a backup plan for Vrana who has really turned into a pumpkin lately. I think it would do Kuznetsov a world of good to have a net-driving shooter on his wing.

Doesn't Maroon play right wing sometimes? Oiler fans will know.

He's pretty much exclusively a LW

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
It would be a backup plan for Vrana who has really turned into a pumpkin lately. I think it would do Kuznetsov a world of good to have a net-driving shooter on his wing.

Doesn't Maroon play right wing sometimes? Oiler fans will know.

if he playing right wing then where he going? oshie and burakovsky likely the top 2 guys. tom wilson back to 4th line again?

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Totally understandable. The problem is you guys have traded off so many picks in recent years what the Oilers are looking for - young, waiver exempt, close to or completely NHL ready forwards - are pretty slim and none.
Yeah, that all true. How you guys couldn't come up with something better than what New Jersey gave up for Marcus Johansson, I'll never know. It was right there.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
It's fair that you'd want someone long term coming back but Klefbom is no Bueno.

There would be a lot of team control around Benning but if something can't be massaged there I get it.
Yeah Benning doesn't start anything for Bowey or Vrana. Next.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Who says no?

where does Bowey fit with the OIlers D?

Klefbom. Larsson. Sekera, Nurse, Benning?
Either Nurse or Benning would need to get traded for him to get a full time spot

Bowey is only getting 13 minutes a night--for what he has done so far the oilers say no--if the oilers add on D they will be going all in on a top level guy and not getting a guy who might be a healthy scratch on some nights

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Interesting proposal. I'd love Maroon for a playoff run and picking up what could be a high 2nd rounder (in addition to Florida's 2nd rounder) would be really nice. If they could swing a separate deal for a veteran 3RD I'd probably do this.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Probably wary of what he wanted on his next deal. I've always liked the player.

Still, he is signed for next year as well.

I couldn't understand it. Oilers are desperate for a winger to play with McDavid. Johansson can actually skate with McDavid and he is terrific on the PP. You gotta be able to scrap together better that 2nd+3rd that Devils gave up.

Anyhow, that's off-topic. I'd like to see Maroon on the Caps as an insurance policy for Vrana. I really liked the way Maroon played last year in the playoffs and I like wingers who actually shoot the puck at the net. I wouldn't want to commit to him long term but for he is a perfect deadline rental.

Also, Chiasson gets on my nerves and I'd like not to have him on the team anymore.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Still, he is signed for next year as well.

I couldn't understand it. Oilers are desperate for a winger to play with McDavid. Johansson can actually skate with McDavid and he is terrific on the PP. You gotta be able to scrap together better that 2nd+3rd that Devils gave up.

Anyhow, that's off-topic. I'd like to see Maroon on the Caps as an insurance policy for Vrana. I really liked the way Maroon played last year in the playoffs and I like wingers who actually shoot the puck at the net. I wouldn't want to commit to him long term but for he is a perfect deadline rental.

Also, Chiasson gets on my nerves and I'd like not to have him on the team anymore.

Maroon would be a nice pickup I'm just having trouble with what I'd want for him from Wash.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad