Proposal: Maroon + 18' 2nd for Bowey

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Caps don't have anyone better than Bowey for 3d pair RD.

Maroon + Benning for Bowey + 2nd+crappy winger (Chiasson)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Caps don't have anyone better than Bowey for 3d pair RD.

Maroon + Benning for Bowey + 2nd+crappy winger (Chiasson)

You're getting worse, not better. If Edmonton wanted Chiasson they could have just signed him for nothing in the offseason - and can again this coming offseason.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Edmonton needs to stop giving away their 2nd round draft picks. Seems those picks always turn into halfway decent players.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
You're getting worse, not better. If Edmonton wanted Chiasson they could have just signed him for nothing in the offseason - and can again this coming offseason.

Could you clarify? Who is getting worse?

Chiasson is there to balance the cap. Washington is tight on the cap dollars.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Could you clarify? Who is getting worse?

Chiasson is there to balance the cap. Washington is tight on the cap dollars.

Worse value wise for Edmonton IMO. I dunno maybe others see something in Bowey that I don't but I've kept a pretty close eye on him since junior and I just don't see a top four guy there.

Maybe it's just me but Benning showed really, really well last year and I wouldn't consider Bowey a huge upgrade, and I think we could do better than ~55th overall and Chiasson for Maroon.

Talking heads in Edmonton are saying the Oil want a 2nd rounder and a close to NHL ready prospect for Maroon.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Worse value wise for Edmonton IMO. I dunno maybe others see something in Bowey that I don't but I've kept a pretty close eye on him since junior and I just don't see a top four guy there.

Maybe it's just me but Benning showed really, really well last year and I wouldn't consider Bowey a huge upgrade, and I think we could do better than ~55th overall and Chiasson for Maroon.

Talking heads in Edmonton are saying the Oil want a 2nd rounder and a close to NHL ready prospect for Maroon.

I see, fair enough. I like Benning and want him on the Caps for the same reason you want to keep him. That said, MAYBE Bowey has a higher upside. He is just a mistake factory right now. I rate Maroon's value as 2nd+3rd.

Washington cannot move Bowey without getting a RD back. No Bowey, means Chorney is dressing and that, my friends, is no bueno.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

but what does washington get out of this? arguably its best defensive prospect (whos played pretty much all year in nhl) and a 2nd for a rental?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I see, fair enough. I like Benning and want him on the Caps for the same reason you want to keep him. That said, MAYBE Bowey has a higher upside. He is just a mistake factory right now. I rate Maroon's value as 2nd+3rd.

Washington cannot move Bowey without getting a RD back. No Bowey, means Chorney is dressing and that, my friends, is no bueno.

I'd be willing to give up Benning as I think Davidson is better and I think Ethan Bear will kick the door in soon but it would need to be something like:

Benning, Maroon, {something} for Vrana + {something}

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Edmonton needs to stop giving away their 2nd round draft picks. Seems those picks always turn into halfway decent players.
Oilers are terrible drafters it's almost better for them to use their picks as currency as opposed to drafting anyone in the 2nd round.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
I'd be willing to give up Benning as I think Davidson is better and I think Ethan Bear will kick the door in soon but it would need to be something like:

Benning, Maroon, {something} for Vrana + {something}

Vrana is probably off limits, unless there is a legitimate high impact, long term player coming back. Something around Klefbom. Oilers would be crazy to let Klefbom go.

Vrana + Bowey for Klefbom + Maroon

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
problem is the caps have no need for maroon. your likely to get better value from someone else.

Probably. I'm almost wondering if there's a Maroon+Letestu to Pittsburgh deal that makes sense. They could use some cheap vets and both Maroon and Testy have very reasonable deals.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Vrana is probably off limits, unless there is a legitimate high impact, long term player coming back. Something around Klefbom. Oilers would be crazy to let Klefbom go.

It's fair that you'd want someone long term coming back but Klefbom is no Bueno.

There would be a lot of team control around Benning but if something can't be massaged there I get it.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017

That’s pretty horrible for the Oilers even though Klef has been pretty bad
Vrana tops out as a 2nd liner imo and I’m not/never have been a fan of Bowey

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
problem is the caps have no need for maroon. your likely to get better value from someone else.

Respectfully disagree. Considering how much time Smith-Pelly, Chiasson and Wilson have spend in the top 6, we could absolutely use a scoring winger.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
That’s pretty horrible for the Oilers even though Klef has been pretty bad
Vrana tops out as a 2nd liner imo and I’m not/never have been a fan of Bowey

I know. I wouldn't like it if I were an Oiler fan.

Caps just can't trade Vrana for spare parts/rentals. He is our best young/cheap winger.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I know. I wouldn't like it if I were an Oiler fan.

Caps just can't trade Vrana for spare parts/rentals. He is our best young/cheap winger.

Totally understandable. The problem is you guys have traded off so many picks in recent years what the Oilers are looking for - young, waiver exempt, close to or completely NHL ready forwards - are pretty slim and none.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
the reason is since maroon is a left winger. caps dont need left winger

It would be a backup plan for Vrana who has really turned into a pumpkin lately. I think it would do Kuznetsov a world of good to have a net-driving shooter on his wing.

Doesn't Maroon play right wing sometimes? Oiler fans will know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad