Marner vs. Hischier

Better player when all is said and done?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
can anyone?

most of the time these threads are a means to collectively hold hands to **** on the leaf player. if anything it should be closer to 50/50. but all things considered, at the time of this poll marner was showing you more.
I know, i know. And no, no one can say. That's why these are quite silly.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Nobody cares who would have gone first or who was a better prospect pre-draft. Right now Nico>Marner. He has better numbers at ES at a younger age and is much more valuable to his team. It's absolutely asinine to think that Marner is better than Nico. When it comes to NHL production and value it's Nico by a mile. Honestly, Nico is more valuable and will likely be better long term than a package of Marner and Nylander combined. Leafs players are insanely overrated around these parts.
This is a good one too guys.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
That’s Leaf Envy for you. Pull up 90% of threads from the last 2 years, and you’ll find the Leaf always wins out, and the Leaf Envy group is never to be found. We always win in the end.
This is untrue and an emotional take.

Just recently Nylander won polls over Rakell, RNH and Horvat. Marner won a poll over Boeser. Did those who live to envy the leafs decide to sit those polls out?

Sometimes a consensus opinion is just that.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
This is untrue and an emotional take.

Just recently Nylander won polls over Rakell, RNH and Horvat. Marner won a poll over Boeser. Did those who live to envy the leafs decide to sit those polls out?

Sometimes a consensus opinion is just that.

Lopsided polls to begin with. Not even half-plausible to vote for the other.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lopsided polls to begin with. Not even half-plausible to vote for the other.
Right. But then when Eichel/Dahlin smashes Matthews/Rielly or when Petterrsson smashes Matthews in a poll, only then it can be because of hate.

In other polls these haters have the self control to say “well I’d like to vote against a leaf, but this is too obvious” but in others they don’t have the self control?

It’s not just you. And it’s not just leaf fans. It’s the very identity of these forums. Way too much emotion and not nearly enough logic.

Reactions: 7even

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Right. But then when Eichel/Dahlin smashes Matthews/Rielly or when Petterrsson smashes Matthews in a poll, only then it can be because of hate.

In other polls these haters have the self control to say “well I’d like to vote against a leaf, but this is too obvious” but in others they don’t have the self control?

It’s not just you. And it’s not just leaf fans. It’s the very identity of these forums. Way too much emotion and not nearly enough logic.

The Eichel Dahlin votes is sucha crock.

Wanna know why?

Because right now Rielly IS succeeding in the NHL tied for lead for points by a defense man...and all his stats kick ass.

Dahlin votes are all based off of PROJECTION. Meaning that you HOPE or ASSUME he becomes what Rielly is RIGHT NOW.

That's why it's a load a crap.

It's the 'ole "well this dude was drafted first overall so clearly he's gonna be awesome!" routine.

The only logic vote against Matthews would be to project that he's injury prone. That would be a sane argument and the only argument to vote the buffalo tandem over the Toronto one. Because when healthy he is a better player than Eichel.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016

Wanna know why?

Because right now Rielly IS succeeding in the NHL tied for lead for points by a defense man...and all his stats kick ass.

Dahlin votes are all based off of PROJECTION. Meaning that you HOPE or ASSUME he becomes what Rielly is RIGHT NOW.

It's the 'ole "well this dude was drafted first overall so clearly he's gonna be awesome!" routine.

The only logic vote against Matthews would be to project that he's injury prone. That would be a sane argument and the only argument to vote the buffalo tandem over the Toronto one. Because when healthy he is a better player than Eichel.
Does anyone doubt Dahlin will be better than Rielly?

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014

Wanna know why?

None of that has anything to do with the point I’m making. It still doesn’t clear up why the leaf haters would sometimes make themselves look dumb by making a bad vote just to take a jab st leaf fans, but other times they’ve vote...for the leaf player.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Does anyone doubt Dahlin will be better than Rielly?

How can he get better than Rielly's current numbers? Reilly is looking at a like 60-70+ point season for crying out loud. (unless we are not allowed to project Rielly's numbers at the end of this season but we are allowed to project future 70 point seasons for Dahlin because reasons)

I mean unless you are suggesting he leads the league in points? And I'm gonna tell ya that's not gonna happen. Sure he might get to a point where he leads all defense men...(Rielly is tied for that last I checked)

Exactly what avenue will he post up better numbers?

Last edited:

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s shocking to me that anyone even remotely familiar with hockey couldn’t see in 2-3 shifts that Marner clearly is the straw that stirs Tavares’ drink at this point.

Reactions: The Kessel Run

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It’s shocking to me that anyone even remotely familiar with hockey couldn’t see in 2-3 shifts that Marner clearly is the straw that stirs Tavares’ drink at this point.

And that's saying something because Tavaras is no slouch.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Well. To be fair it asks who'll be better at the end of their careers. Can you with 100% certainty say that it'll be one or the other?

Obviously not but the question is supposed to be answered based on the information we have right now. Based on what we know right now there's only one right answer.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Again, this is a fallacy and an emotional rather than logical take. Leaf players win plenty of polls here. What happens to the trend in those cases?

Here's how it works;

Some random star from one of the other 30 teams has a string of 20 great games or so, and suddenly is pitted in a poll against a leaf counter part. Leaf players win polls when it's lopsided to hell and when the argument is even relatively close, it's ALWAYS the non leaf player who wins.

It's why I don't take any of this serious at all. And you can see that in how ridiculous my reasoning for my votes even in this old poll.

Tavaras was a top 5 center in a poll not 6 months before he bolted to Toronto. Then he became a fringe top 15.

I've already exposed the fallacy in logic in voting Dahlin over Rielly. To vote Dahlin you need to project his future potential, but you are not allowed project Rielly's year end numbers because if you do, then he will equal what you are likely to project for Dahlin's future and if you do that...then you have to concede that Rielly is currently what Dahlin hopes to become. Once you do that...the vote becomes a non argument.

At anyrate...I'm not suprised. I get the leaf hate. I enjoy it actually. Makes me giggle.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Just take some time to read this sentence, and digest it a little bit. Tells you all you need to know, really.
But why that one? Why would haters make themselves look foolish to jab at leaf fans there, but not every poll then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad