Speculation: Marner to Islanders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
When it happens? It already did. And there was no flag burning. We were too busy getting ready for a second round series. Do you know what that is?

What an accomplishment. So your players showed up, didn't win a single game and got swept, and got embarrassed and outed as playoff frauds?...Good to know.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
But that wasn't your intention by creating this thread, was it?... Anyways, pretty rich coming from a fanbase where you so much as say "good game" on their boards after a loss, and they proceed to go absolutely ape**** on you afterwards. Ok Islanders fan, my mistake...you can continue on with your thought-provoking discussion on wishing illwill towards Mrs. Tavares. Carry on then...
You really do Leaf fans on this site a major disservice.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I despise stupidity and anyone who thinks its a good idea to overpay a player by 2mil while giving up 4 1sts is stupid period. Burke trading 2 firsts for Kessel after the Leafs missing the playoffs a bunch of years in a row was stupid and I said it the same day. This carp is multiple times more stupid. Nylander sat for half a year and their are 0 reports of him seeing any offer sheets despite it being in a lower, responsible tier but now there's going to be tonnes in the upper tier? I'm a leaf fan and I hope Marner gets offer sheeted but it won't happen because GM aren't that stupid anymore.

Depends what team is doing the offer sheeting. For instance, I'd be all for the Pens offer sheeting Marner even if it resulted in losing 4 first round picks because with Marner the Pens' Cup window remains wide open and those 4 first round picks are probably in the 20+ range.

Any current contender that offer sheets a player (not just Marner) likely won't have to worry about those picks coming back to hurt them because of where they typically draft each year. The only reason that Burke trade looked bad was because Toronto (at the time) was a bubble team that wasn't just a Kessel addition away from being a perennial contender.

Reactions: IODCPiper

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
But that wasn't your intention by creating this thread, was it?... Anyways, pretty rich coming from a fanbase where you so much as say "good game" on their boards after a loss, and they proceed to go absolutely ape**** on you afterwards. Ok Islanders fan, my mistake...you can continue on with your thought-provoking discussion on wishing illwill towards Mrs. Tavares. Carry on then...

Mrs. Reimer says hold my beer.

‘I had 300 death threats in one night’: April Reimer, wife of Maple Leafs goalie, recounts Twitter attack

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Yes, because the Islanders playoff history over the last 25 years (or lack there of) is something to brag and boast about?
Our last 25 years is comparable to your last 50 years, and I do not think your parking lot is that great. No ill will to the Mrs., but PB can rot without a Cup for eternity!

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Our last 25 years is comparable to your last 50 years, and I do not think your parking lot is that great. No ill will to the Mrs., but PB can rot without a Cup for eternity!

In that time frame, Leafs made it to the Conference finals 4 times vs the Islanders 0 times, so...not really. Also, you should probably ask the entire NBA universe on which parking lot they would rather be in right now. Lastly, who is PB?...

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
In that time frame, Leafs made it to the Conference finals 4 times vs the Islanders 0 times, so...not really. Also, you should probably ask the entire NBA universe on which parking lot they would rather be in right now. Lastly, who is PB?...

laughter.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad