Marner has reportedly hired private security and is refusing to speak with some members of the media

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Here is the full quote from Mirtle: Did Marner hire security to harass Reporters he did not like certain questions? If so, this is a first for me following the game. Or is Mirtle just just airing out some dirty laundry since Marner ghosted him?

“Regular season, he’s been a great, great player, and I think we’ve written that. But there’s such a sensitivity there. And, so you hear about all these feuds going on, and you hear about he’s got private security people that harass media people, and there’s just, there’s really weird stuff that’s going on,” reporter James Mirtle of The Athletic said on the podcast on Tuesday, via Maple Leafs Daily.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Meh. If he feels like he needs security, so be it.

He says he wants to stay. Tell him, "Okay, you can stay, but you're gonna take a pay cut". He certainly can't need to money. If he's willing to play for $8.5M/yr, resign him.

Reactions: robertocarlos

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Every player should have this kind of security, especially in the largest market in Canada.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
I'm not saying it's deserved, but when you absolutely bend the organization over in contract negotiations, and follow it up with 5 years of some of the worst playoff performances ever, I find it hard to have sympathy
Yeah, that totally justifiable.

It's just sports. People who take it so seriously to the point players gotta hire security need to go outside and get an actual hobby. Borderline incel behaviour.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Now we’ve got Leafs players hiring securityto harass reporters who ask tough questions and hurt their feelings? Pathetic
Do we? The National Post has a report of Mirtle hearing that somewhere, but is there a report or something about Marner actually have security to "to harass reporters who ask tough questions and hurt their feelings..."

Reactions: Voight

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
I would be surprised if that's true.

Tavares goes for a walk every day through Toronto, lives downtown. Nylander takes the subway to games. Marner is scared of the public? I guess it's possible he has anxiety from being robbed at gunpoint, which is fair, but would be quite the exaggeration to blame that on the media.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Here is the full quote from Mirtle: Did Marner hire security to harass Reporters he did not like certain questions? If so, this is a first for me following the game. Or is Mirtle just just airing out some dirty laundry since Marner ghosted him?

“Regular season, he’s been a great, great player, and I think we’ve written that. But there’s such a sensitivity there. And, so you hear about all these feuds going on, and you hear about he’s got private security people that harass media people, and there’s just, there’s really weird stuff that’s going on,” reporter James Mirtle of The Athletic said on the podcast on Tuesday, via Maple Leafs Daily.
Mirtle sounds butthurt as f***. Dudes either making shit up or spreading rumors. Why would you say something like that as a journalist without substantiating it? “You hear about” it? You’re literally the most qualified profession to follow up on a rumor and get to the bottom of it before spouting it out to the public (read: your job). What a hack.

ChurchOfMatthews

Goldmember
Oct 13, 2016
Plevna
Meh. If he feels like he needs security, so be it.

He says he wants to stay. Tell him, "Okay, you can stay, but you're gonna take a pay cut". He certainly can't need to money. If he's willing to play for $8.5M/yr, resign him.
I think his time is finished in Toronto. It's all turned into a major distraction that management shouldn't like going forward but who knows with our shit-ass management.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad