Salary Cap: Marner Deal Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
No one's insulting you, apologies if you felt my comment was like that. Just pointing out you resort to making fun of advanced stats without even attempting to understand it.

If you haven't checked them out yet, you should. Would help to allievate your dislike to Nylander.

I have checked the data and it is faulty data filled with many limitations but it is passed on here like it is gospel;

nylander is a good player but not "effective" when it comes to actually scoring or playing gritty hockey defensively (and by gritty I don't mean hitting but puck pursuit and playing body to win the puck battles)

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I have checked the data and it is faulty data filled with many limitations but it is passed on here like it is gospel;

nylander is a good player but not "effective" when it comes to actually scoring or playing gritty hockey defensively (and by gritty I don't mean hitting but puck pursuit and playing body to win the puck battles)

1) Not effective when it comes to actually scoring? Have you seen his high-danger scoring chances rate in his first 2 seasons? His zone-entries and possession play that you dislike, actually lead to high-danger scoring chances.

2) He was super responsible defensively in the playoffs (that GA/60 rate was fantastic) but you care about grit to win puck battles? I agree he needs to toughen up in puck battles, but he's very effective with his stick and his little toughness that he has.

This is a Marner thread, so let's move it to the.Nylander thread if you want :laugh:

Reactions: stopclickbait

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
1) Not effective when it comes to actually scoring? Have you seen his high-danger scoring chances rate in his first 2 seasons? His zone-entries and possession play that you dislike, actually lead to high-danger scoring chances.

2) He was super responsible defensively in the playoffs (that GA/60 rate was fantastic) but you care about grit to win puck battles? I agree he needs to toughen up in puck battles, but he's very effective with his stick and his little toughness that he has.

This is a Marner thread, so let's move it to the.Nylander thread if you want :laugh:

i dont give a flying f*** about high danger chacnes i want to see assists and goals

and yess this is a marner thread and marner>>>>nylander

i am f***ing sick of nylander fan boys using all the dumbass statistics to defend his lazy ass hockey plays

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
i dont give a flying **** about high danger chacnes i want to see assists and goals

and yess this is a marner thread and marner>>>>nylander

i am ****ing sick of nylander fan boys using all the dumbass statistics to defend his lazy ass hockey plays

There it is again. Resorting to making fun of something they don't understand lol. I'm out.

Marner deserves to be paid a lot of money. All of Leaf stars do. They have to deal with toxic Leafs fans. Already chased out Zaitsev :laugh:

Reactions: stopclickbait

stopclickbait

Aug 28, 2018
No one's insulting you, apologies if you felt my comment was like that. Just pointing out you resort to making fun of advanced stats without even attempting to understand it.

If you haven't checked them out yet, you should. Would help to allievate your dislike to Nylander.

This reminds me of the Kevin Hart scene in 40 year Old Virgin I would post the video but too NSFW.

You are using too many big words at him and because he doesn't understand them he takes it as disrespect lol

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
There it is again. Resorting to making fun of something they don't understand lol. I'm out.

Marner deserves to be paid a lot of money. All of Leaf stars do. They have to deal with toxic Leafs fans. Already chased out Zaitsev :laugh:

Zaitsev blows though.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
10x3 is an absolutely ridiculous ask. I would say that’s not even equivalent to the Matthews contract in terms of value. Thats a much more player friendly deal then what Matthews got.

It's freakin ridiculous how greedy our players are getting...the irony is, the $9.5 million that Marner's party ridiculously asked for last year after a 69 point season is the payment he should be getting after his 94 pt campaign, but hey, gotta be greedy right? And I thought during the season, Paul Marner hyped that Marner should be getting $10 million per year if Mitch got 100 pts...well, his son only got 94 pts, and that somehow equates to $11.6 million?

I'm sorry, but this Leafs team is going nowhere fast...for the kind of overpayment our forwards like Matthews got and Marner is asking, there won't be much left over for 3rd and 4th line depth and D depth, so for the Leafs to have any chance of winning a championship these guys would have to grossly produce alot more than other teams' top lines to compensate...if Marchand is getting 100 pts per season, Marner better be getting 120 pts because Boston's depth is much better than the Leafs...their 3rd and 4th lines are literally beating up on the Blues in the Stanley Cup Final.

And the last time I checked, no Stanley Cup had Mitch Marner's name on it, so if he won't sign for a fair deal with the Leafs and is set to bend over this historic franchise, ship him outta hear...no player should be bigger than the team...many folks had criticized the Joe Thornton trade when Boston moved him, but the Bruins had won a Cup and is looking good to win another one this year, and had a previous finals appearance since trading Thornton. And Thornton hasn't won anything. You win with a team, not with a few greedy overpriced players. If Matthews doesn't accomplish anything with the Leafs after 3 more years, you ship him outta here too in his 4th year before his NM clause kicks in in his 5th year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad