Confirmed with Link: Marlies trade Jeff Glass to Gulls

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
They have only one goalie there who can stop a beach ball. They didn't move him to give more starts to Kaskiseivo. Please god let them sign a Euro. You guys have noticed how sad the #3 goalie in the system is right now?

Reactions: SAMCRO44

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013
It sounds odd at first, but since Sandin and potentially Lilly are going to the World Juniors, maybe Marlies needed another d man.

Smart to keep relations good with Lilly and Sandi by releasing them (and having to make these moves in the meantime),,, maybe curries a bit of favour down the road..

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
Smart to keep relations good with Lilly and Sandi by releasing them (and having to make these moves in the meantime),,, maybe curries a bit of favour down the road..

Lilly is injured and appears unlikely to be healthy in time for the world juniors

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Maybe we trade for Johnson if he clear waivers

Possible, or perhaps they have a signing in the works. Not sure who, but maybe there's a fit for Mason if he wants to ease back into a role... I don't know.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Any Jeff Glass fans in the house? :help:

How about a major hater?

Thank goodness Glass is gone. I have never seen a goalie as atrocious as this guy play in my entire life... He made Kaskisuo-McAdam look like Sparks-Pickard.

I guess the Gulls have literally nothing better, because Glass is the worst goalie in the AHL right now hands down. I would rather trust the guys on the Growlers before putting him in net again.

Reactions: BigBlu

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Or claim him while being on waivers, and waive Sparks in turn?

Based on his play so far I think Sparks would clear waivers at this point.

Definitely not. That would be a terrible move for the Leafs. Sparks has shown a lot more than Johnson, is younger, and is a lot cheaper.

Johnson will clear waivers, because nobody is going to want a crap backup making 1.75 mill, and then maybe the Leafs will have interest for him on the Marlies. That's as good as Johnson gets these days. STL may even have to give us a pick to make up for the salary.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
This deal must mean the Leafs are looking for goaltender depth. Management doesn't trust Sparks if Andy goes down.

Maybe if Johnson clears the Leafs acquire him for the Marlies?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Our AHL goaltending has been the achilles heel for this team so far but we also don't need anyone super long term. Woll and Scott are both doing fantastic this year. I see Woll as a future starter and it might make sense to sign him after this year wraps up for him, he seems ready to make the next step.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad