Marlies signed Corrado

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
While Leivo hasn't been bad this season, he's hardly been the worth the fuss over the last two seasons either. I'm glad he's getting a shot but he's not that good and I think we have better options on the Marlies already.
I mean your development does tend to get stunted when you play an average of 15 games per year.

Reactions: nofehr

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Trade him to the Islanders. Never mind the logistics of trading an NHL player for an AHL player.

I heard Lou likes him.

“It’s a fortunate set of circumstances, it’s everyone’s credit”!

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
No risk pick up for a former NHL player, signed to an AHL contract

Frank Corrado Signs AHL Contract With Toronto Marlies
October 22, 2018 at 10:52 am CDT | by Gavin Lee

Frank Corrado Signs AHL Contract With Toronto Marlies

Corrado is now heading back to that Maple Leafs organization, as the now 25-year old defenseman has signed an AHL contract with the Toronto Marlies to try and get his professional career back on track. Coming off a major knee injury, he’ll try to work his way into the defending Calder Cup champions lineup and show he still has enough left to challenge for an NHL role.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
i don't know if I like this personally not that it has much impact.

But thats a ton of defence down there with Liljegren, Rosen, Borgman, Nielsen, Subban, Loverde, Sproul, Sandin, Jardine, Gudbranson, Rubins, Leblanc, Cuminsky,

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
i don't know if I like this personally not that it has much impact.

But thats a ton of defence down there with Liljegren, Rosen, Borgman, Nielsen, Subban, Loverde, Sproul, Sandin, Jardine, Gudbranson, Rubins, Leblanc, Cuminsky,

I see him moving into the top 4 also. I can see Lily suffer from this signing. Rosen,Borg and Loverde are the main horses on the d.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I see him moving into the top 4 also. I can see Lily suffer from this signing. Rosen,Borg and Loverde are the main horses on the d.
Liljegren will be fine. They're making him the horse of that D-core this year with the PP and PK time. Still managing his minutes 5 on 5 but by the end of the year we could see him as the go to guy for the Marlies. For now I'd like to see us go with the young legs and see if they can sort things out.

Rosen-Liljegren
Borgman-Subban
Nielsen-Corrado

Then you have Loverde,Cuminsky,Sproul, etc to sprinkle in when you need some vets. I think we should send Sandin to the O based on the severity of his injury.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Marlies did this 2 years ago, i cant remember the exact numbers, but they started off like 5-0 and then nose dive to the bottom. Dubas brought in a bunch of vets to help turn it around. Keefe now plays those 3 guys i mentioned a lot at even strength, Lily not so much.
The good thing though is that you have the vets here already if you need them. Holl could possibly be back at some point too, the two year deal might help him pass through waivers once Nylander signs. Can't see Dubas letting him not play forever.

Reactions: Maple Leafs

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
The good thing though is that you have the vets here already if you need them. Holl could possibly be back at some point too, the two year deal might help him pass through waivers once Nylander signs. Can't see Dubas letting him not play forever.
I have been curious to see how long Dubas lets Holl sit before moving him.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
While Leivo hasn't been bad this season, he's hardly been the worth the fuss over the last two seasons either. I'm glad he's getting a shot but he's not that good and I think we have better options on the Marlies already.

of course he wasn't. Neither was Corrado.
the 13th forward/8th defenseman generally isn't.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Maybe they are signing Corrado as a demonstration to us fans that there is a reason why player x is not playing and always in the press box.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I know folks kinda make fun of Frankie and his lack of NHL action. But still he's lived a dream of being in the NHL (even if rarely played), and is continuing to play pro hockey. It will end one day, but good for him sticking it out, and undoubtedly having fun.
Many pro athletes still want to play, even if in the minors for little money. They don't want to walk away. Look at Greening with the Marlies, he made millions playing in the NHL, but continues to toil in the minors for relatively little money.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It was about Leivo. I know bc I’m a huge Leivo fanboy and I was triggered when Mike said that

Doesn't seem like it. Sounds like the players in question are former Leafs, and players that cleared waivers. Leivo's been in the lineup for every game so far, which is not something all of the forwards can say.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
But but but but, Toronto ruined his career and didn't treat him fairly. Other players would see this and never want to sign here.

Oh.

Reactions: Heart Eater

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad