Marlies signed Corrado

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I know it's an AHL deal, but Corrado had played more NHL games as a Leaf compared to the Canucks or Pens. Interesting to read about this signing today, in any case.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No risk signing. He suffered a big knee injury last season. A good veteran for the Marlies.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Dubas did this the last time the Marlies struggled, he signed and traded for good AHL veterans. Keefe is years away from the bigs.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You have to go though waivers when your sent down, they removed that rule for when your sent up because teams refused to send up players that would be taken off waivers.

At least I thought that was part of the last CBA?

As far as I'm aware for the players who sign an AHL only contract they have to pass through waivers if the Leafs wanted to sign him. I could be totally wrong but that is my recollection.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I still remember the outrage when he wasn't playing here. Kind of reminds me of the Leivo nonsense as well.

While Leivo hasn't been bad this season, he's hardly been the worth the fuss over the last two seasons either. I'm glad he's getting a shot but he's not that good and I think we have better options on the Marlies already.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I recall Babcock responding to the “play Frankie” sentiment that he’s heard it before with other players and he asked reporters to look how they did elsewhere. He was right again, Frankie did nothing after he left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->