Marlies sign Tom Sestito to PTO

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If we ever got a goon, I would hope it would be Tom Wilson. The guy is a menace but I would feel very comfortable knowing he could do something reckless to the opposition at the drop of the hat.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Don't the same rules apply to him as it did to Nylander? If he wasn't signed by the Leafs before Dec 1st can he sign and play for the Leafs because he signed with the Marlies? Is it different because he was a FA? Can someone clarify?

If he played a game for the leafs, I'd fire Dubas immediately. He's not an NHL player

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
1) just a PTO
2) pto for the Marlies
3) likely just being given a fee weeks to show if he can still play.

If the Leafs do make a move or two where its 2 for 1s or 3 for 1s ( Brown+ marlie/ Johnsson + marlie) I wonder if he is an option as a 4th line guy on the Marlies?
Other thing, wonder if the Leafs do the same thing as last year on January and bring up a few guys like Marchment, Grundstrom, Engval or Moore and ditch a few current Leafs.

Long as a kid isn't sitting so he can play, I'm fine. A 4th line of him and Clune could be fun for the old time face puncher fans

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Great signing. He will get signed to Marlies. And then if we play Boston he can be called up to make sure Chara does not do what he did to Phaneuf and then Matty. We can't afford to have that occur again. and it won't with Tom on bench.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Great signing. He will get signed to Marlies. And then if we play Boston he can be called up to make sure Chara does not do what he did to Phaneuf and then Matty. We can't afford to have that occur again. and it won't with Tom on bench.
you actually believe dressing Sestito is going to scare the piss out of Chara and the rest of the Bruins into playing a non contact game against us ?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
you actually believe dressing Sestito is going to scare the piss out of Chara and the rest of the Bruins into playing a non contact game against us ?
Tommy is not scared of anything. He is a little crazy if you know what I mean. We need a guy like that. Even if he gets thrown out for boarding every Bruin will always know where Tommy is on the ice including Chara. He has rattled a few jaws and brains over the years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad