Marlies sign Tom Sestito to PTO

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
Love it. Enforcers are much more needed in the AHL then they are in the NHL

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Gilman was in Vancouver as an Assistant GM when Sestito was there. Probably just wants to give him a chance to revive his career to a certain degree and to do him a solid in a way.

Either way, just a small depth move.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Some posters here will be shrieking for him to be called up the next time "no one does anything" after a facewash.

Reactions: meng666

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Leaf fan in Michigan. I used to watch the Plymouth Whalers a lot before they moved to Flint. Sestito was a Whaler. LOVE this kid. Really happy to see this. Like others I wasn't sure if he retired or not. If I remember correctly ( the years run together now) Sestito, James Neal, Jared Boll was the Whalers first line. Lots of size and attitude to deal with back in the day in the OHL.

Reactions: LDN

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
Hes a massive POS for running Freddie, hope he never sees the ice again.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
f*** this. What a useless f***ing goon. guy nearly cost us a playoff spot a few years ago when he took Freddy's head off.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Gramps here. Someone will be needed to go toe to toe with Chara in playoffs. If we are going to play and beat the Bruins we need someone up front who the Bruins are scared of dealing with. If we leave it up to Kadri we are doomed again. Our 4th line is totally useless as it is right now. Adding Tom to sit on bench is fine it will add confidence to bench and it will help against Bruins. But bigger concern is adding a couple vet dmen who can stop the cycle.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Seems to be redundant with Clune on the roster, but he's probably not going to play much anyways.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
This is the same goof who knocked Andersen unconscious in the biggest game of the year, then MacElhinney came in and bailed out the team to make the playoffs.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Let him ride shot=gun with Matthews......

Memories of Gretzky-Semenko coming back........... What a rush!!!

In seriousness, I didn't think the guy was even around. He will be gone before Valentine's Day, and if he does manage to stick, good for him.

Has nothing to do with the Leafs as his chances of a call up to the Leafs is about as good as my chances of dating every Victoria Secrets model (disclaimer: the ONLY reason that won't happen is my wife won't like it. That's the ONLY impediment.......)

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Gramps here. Someone will be needed to go toe to toe with Chara in playoffs. If we are going to play and beat the Bruins we need someone up front who the Bruins are scared of dealing with. If we leave it up to Kadri we are doomed again. Our 4th line is totally useless as it is right now. Adding Tom to sit on bench is fine it will add confidence to bench and it will help against Bruins. But bigger concern is adding a couple vet dmen who can stop the cycle.

Haha, I am sure Chara is shaking in his boots right now. Is this for real?

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
Don't the same rules apply to him as it did to Nylander? If he wasn't signed by the Leafs before Dec 1st can he sign and play for the Leafs because he signed with the Marlies? Is it different because he was a FA? Can someone clarify?

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
Don't the same rules apply to him as it did to Nylander? If he wasn't signed by the Leafs before Dec 1st can he sign and play for the Leafs because he signed with the Marlies? Is it different because he was a FA? Can someone clarify?

The December 1st deadline is for RFAs only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad