Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Big year for Miettinen .. after that big freshman season, his follow up was kind of sideways. Needs to see a step up in production to be considered a more legit prospect.
Iirc, St.Cloud really spread things out.
I like the guy, hope he emerges.
Developing another sniper sounds good.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
And Voit just scored the OT winner for Sarnia. Great opening weekend for our prospects so far.

For the NA prospects, sure.

Niemela only has 1 assist in 6 games and Hirvonen is at 1 goal and 3 assists in 8 games. Tough start production wise for them, but not sure how well they've played.

Reactions: kb

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria

Niemela only has 1 assist in 6 games and Hirvonen is at 1 goal and 3 assists in 8 games. Tough start production wise for them, but not sure how well they've played.
Watched a bit of hirbonen a couple days agoand he looked good. Engaged physically and plays quick

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009

They have Niemela playing behind Kivisto and Rundblad unfortunately.

Watched a bit of hirbonen a couple days agoand he looked good. Engaged physically and plays quick
Be nice to get another Holmberg out of him....

Reactions: andora and SprDaVE

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Niemela played a team high 23 minutes last game. But yeah he’s like the #3/#4 defenseman with Bystrom, behind Ohtamaa and Rundblad. He’s playing well though, still silky smooth and a smart player. Points aren’t really coming as easy as they were last year. He’s not a PP QB anymore either like last season, they cycle through 4 different dman on the PP and he’s either 3rd or 4th for PP TOI. He is a mainstay on the penalty kill though. Showing a bit more strength along the boards, but obviously not much different in his game compared to last season. Still activating at appropriate times, excellent decision making when moving the puck, defends well through the NZ on rush opportunities. I don’t think he’s found another gear skating wise which is unfortunate

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
prospect ages:

F Holmberg (AHL/NHL): 23.5
F Abruzzese (AHL): 23.3
D Kral (AHL): 23.0
F Steeves (AHL): 22.8
D Rindell (AHL): 22.6
F SDA (AHL): 22.1
D Kokkonen (AHL): 21.7
F Abramov (AHL): 21.5
F Robertson (AHL/NHL): 21.1
G Hildeby (SHL): 21.2
F Abramov (AHL): 21.0
F Miettenin (NCAA): 21.0
G Akhtyamov (KHL): 21.0
F Tverberg (NCAA): 20.8
F Hirvonen (FIN): 20.8
D Niemela (FIN): 20.5
D Villeneuve (AHL): 20.5
F Ovchinnikov (AHL): 20.2
G Peksa (KHL): 20.2
F Knies (NCAA): 20.0
F Voit (CHL): 19.8
F Grebenkin (KHL): 19.5
F Lisowsky (CHL): 18.6
F Moldenhauer (USHL): 18.5
F Minten (CHL): 18.2

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
I could be mistaken, but I feel like I remember reading an article on Mike Koster a couple years back that basically outlined how much the Minnesota coach loved his game but that he was unfortunately stuck behind a stacked D-core. I wanna say the coach mentioned trying to create more opportunity for him, but then again that would have been maybe before last season, so I am not sure if that came to fruition or not. Nonetheless, he seems to be in the good books of the staff, which is always a good sign.

I won't pretend to know a great deal about his game, but from what I've read he has an NHL skillset. I've only be able to see him play about 2 times for the gophers, He never looked out of place and was often making very strong reads in game.

But I would defer to other people's opinions on him as my sample size of him is very small.

Great start to the year for our NA prospects! not overly worried about Niemela and Hirvonen. Both are very solid 2-way players. Points are kind of a bonus with those 2. I think Niemela's production last season would be extremely hard to replicate. As long as he is showing well in game I have no problem with a lower pt production.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

1664822403370.png
1664822417443.png

Reactions: uncleben

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
lol sorry but someone who weighs 180lbs is not big, they might be tall but they are not big
Keith is a goalie FYI. He's a real hard gainer and struggled a lot to put on weight, he actually mentioned that coming to the Toronto organization really helped because of the time and effort the nutritional staff spent with him even as a Marlie (he used to be in the Red Wings system). Dude was even skinnier before.

Reactions: uncleben

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Hoping for Larsen to earn an ELC / lock in on the Marlies deal with an ELC to come. If we took mid/late round flyer on him in the 21 draft he'd definitely be getting some hype.

Reactions: Fogelhund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad