Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Seems like he’s back in Russia. Does this mean his treatments were successful? I know it’s an invasion of privacy but I wish we knew some more especially if it’s going the right direction!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Someone said Amirov was going back and forth between Russia/Germany for treatments.

RE: Holmberg, I haven't seen the games but stat line looks good, thoughts on his transition to AHL?

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Someone said Amirov was going back and forth between Russia/Germany for treatments.

RE: Holmberg, I haven't seen the games but stat line looks good, thoughts on his transition to AHL?
I think he just goes to Russia in between treatments. But that is purely speculative on my part, but my understanding was that his treatment was in Germany exclusively

Reactions: TMLAM34

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

I mean it's been four games he's been here, and I've seen parts of two. He played well, but nothing spectacular. Some good plays, and he's putting up points, but he doesn't really stand out for any reason yet. But, like I said, four games in North America, and he's adjusting. That he doesn't stand out, good, or bad, and still has four points is a pretty good sign I'd say.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Marlies lose 5-4 in OT.
Simple for the Marlies. A Rochester loss of any kind tomorrow and Marlies clinch, or a point by the Marlies on Saturday.

• Wow
Reactions: Magic Man

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Marlies Scoring Paces (Min 5gms)

C Holmberg (22): 33gls/67pts
W Robertson (20): 46gls/82pts
W Seney (25): 23gls/79pts

C Blandisi (27): 23gls/57pts
W Steeves (22): 33gls/66pts
W Anderson (23): 39gls/63pts

C SDA (21): 21gls/52pts
W Ho-Sang (25): 27gls/59pts
W Michealis (26): 20gls/51pts

C Douglas (21): 16gls/42pts
W McMann (25): 33gls/48pts
W Suomela (27): 24gls/44pts

C Abramov (20): 9gls/35pts
W Kopacka (23): 15gls/26pts
W Gogolev (21) 8gls/21pts

C Ovchinnikov (19): 23gls/23pts
W Clune (34): 6gls/17pts

D Duzsak (24): 9gls/70pts
D Holowell (23): 9gls/49pts

D Myers (24): 11gls/38pts
D Kral (22): 4gls/30pts

D Dahlstrom (26): 0gls/23pts
D Krys (23): 2gls/21pts

D Kivihalme (26): 3gls/16pts
D Rubins (24): 1gls/16pts

G Woll (23): 15gms .907
G Kallgren (25): 26gms .904

G Petruzzelli (22): 5gms, .902
G Hutchinson (31): 27gms .900

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

big congrats to bobby mcmann. came out of nowhere i swear

He has been good, but maybe not a guy worth an ELC nor one who looks like he is going to have a serious NHL future. If he was a few years younger, then perhaps, but he is turning 26 this year.

That being said, talk about a major turnaround year. Even at the beginning of the year he was a guy who was destined to mostly play out the end of his AHL contract with the Growlers and move on. He worked his way up as a solid, full time bottom 6 Marlie after some injuries and found a way to be useful as a net-front guy.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
He has been good, but maybe not a guy worth an ELC nor one who looks like he is going to have a serious NHL future. If he was a few years younger, then perhaps, but he is turning 26 this year.

That being said, talk about a major turnaround year. Even at the beginning of the year he was a guy who was destined to mostly play out the end of his AHL contract with the Growlers and move on. He worked his way up as a solid, full time bottom 6 Marlie after some injuries and found a way to be useful as a net-front guy.
What do you see as the reason why they signed him? Do they see upside despite his age? I have trouble seeing any nhl future spot on the Leafs for him.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
What do you see as the reason why they signed him? Do they see upside despite his age? I have trouble seeing any nhl future spot on the Leafs for him.

No clue. I think it is a waste of a contract spot personally, but at the same time, he does have a profile which could serve well as a bottom 6 call up so maybe they see him as someone who fits that mould?

Reactions: DragoGrizzly

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

Trajectory has been very good. He does a lot of things that also project as a NHLer in terms of playing a depth role. He clearly put a lot of work into his game. He might have had some interest from other NHL teams so the Leafs didn't want to lose him.

Last edited:

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I looked at the standings, why do some teams have more games played than others? Am I missing something, or just the ahl site sucks that bad?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I looked at the standings, why do some teams have more games played than others? Am I missing something, or just the ahl site sucks that bad?
This year was weird with so many games getting cancelled due to Covid. League switched to a Pts% method anyways due to the Pacific Division playing less games in a normal season.

Reactions: Metroid

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
No clue. I think it is a waste of a contract spot personally, but at the same time, he does have a profile which could serve well as a bottom 6 call up so maybe they see him as someone who fits that mould?
Probably that exactly. Impressed the organization enough that they think he can slot in as a worker bee. Potentially overthinking it, but I wonder if we could see an adjustment on how we pursue depth as a reaction to all the waiver activity, fewer proven tweeners with upside, more unheralded "up from the ranks" types

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I wonder if the Leafs think that Bobby McMann could have a Mason Marchment-type trajectory? Maybe a lower, later peak but still a useful player in due course?

I had never heard of him before and really have no idea as to why they would sign him to an ELC at his age and stage of development. Just a guess here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad