Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Can someone tell me more about Alex Steeves?

His numbers seem solid. He looked good apparently in rookie camp ?

How has he been progressing, upside?

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
All starts with leafs management. It’s a disgrace that he keeps finding a way to be an my sort of leaf related net.
Again signing him wasn't the problem. Overplaying is and thats on Leafs management.

Thats like saying Babcock making bad decisions is on Leafs management. Sure they hired him like they signed Hutch, but him getting overplayed is on the coach.

Reactions: Kiwi and shaner8989

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Can someone tell me more about Alex Steeves?

His numbers seem solid. He looked good apparently in rookie camp ?

How has he been progressing, upside?
He's much faster than I imagined he would be. Also a pretty heavy shot.

I didn't have much expectation for him coming in and it's still a small sample size but I'd like to see him get some NHL games. He looks like a decent bottom 6 offensive option. Again, small sample size.

Reactions: fahad203

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
If the Leafs didn't sign Hutchinson, they would have had to expose Campbell in the Expansion draft. Would Seattle have taken him? Who knows, but I wouldn't want to find out. So you can see yourself out now.

There is nothing wrong with having Hutch in the organization. He can sometimes be a good #3 goalie and there are much worse depth options out there. However, playing him should still be a low priority with Kallgren, Scott, Petruzzelli, and Woll all in the organization. Kallgren and Scott are still hurt and Woll is in the NHL replacing Mrazek right now, so Hutch could still get some games, but Petruzzelli should be considered the "starter" at this point.

Leafs: Campbell/Mrazek
Marlies: Woll/Kallgren
Marlies Extra: Hutch
Growlers: Scott/Petruzzelli
Growlers Extra: Cormier/Oldham

It can be Petruzzelli/Hutch while Kallgren and Woll are unavailable. Hutch should only come in for NHL/AHL spot duty (i.e. we need a guy to sit on the bench), and maybe getting the odd game in the AHL just to stay fresh, once everyone is healthy.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hutch was very solid last year when the Leafs needed him amidst Campbell and Andersen's injuries .. he earned another shot with the organization but has been bad this year. Not unsurprising for #3 type of goalies who can struggle with consistency. That's what makes them #3 goalies.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
niemela with 2 (including the one posted above) more assists in karpat's game today. rindell had one as well.

Reactions: LeafChief

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Does anyone consider Niemela ahead of one or both of Amirov and Robertson for top prospect?
I personally do.

My top 10:

1. Niemela
2. Amirov
3. Robertson
4. Knies
5. Holmberg
6. Tverberg
7. Abruzzesse
8. Koster
9. Hirvonen
10. Abramov

I think we have a potential homerun pick in Niemela. Who I think has a higher ceiling than Sandin does. Lilly I think is also projecting to be a top 4D. What we really badly need is to hit on a forward or two to become good players who can contribute to the lineup. We have lots of guys who can potentially hit those spots but none who are NHL ready to that level. Dream scenario, we have a superstar-level guy pop up or draft one in this upcoming draft. Most of the top teams in the league who have won cups have had those guys really emerge out of seemingly nowhere.

I'm talking about the ROR, Guentzel and Point types who were impact players selected in the 2nd, 3rd/4th rounds and later who can really push the team over the top. Leafs have done extremely well drafting well with their top 10 picks but we really haven't been able to find that talent late in the draft who can make a run for a top pick in their respective draft class.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad