Prospect Info: Marlies / Prospects Thread - All seasons well under way

Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
If Brown can have the impact of someone like MacArthur, safe to say that it's still a pretty successful pick. Anything more then that, to me, is just gravy. A two-way forward that can put up ~60 points seasons is pretty good.

Dangles McGavin

RIP Lounge
Jul 7, 2010
Seattle/Waterloo
The reason people weren't overly excited is that it happens all time where a player dominates a junior league and turns out to be a bust. People overlooked him because he played on the same team as McDavid, regardless of playing on different lines.

The issue on these boards is that a small sample size of decent production= an AHL ROTY. Let the kid hit the milestone first without creating a misconceived expectation that surrounds the Toronto market.

Yes, I fully understand why people overlooked him.

I said he would have a shot at AHL ROTY before the season started. You should really try not making assumptions about what people base their information off of, it's a bad quality. And what's wrong with making predictions? It's what like 3/4 of forum discussion is about.

In any case, we can both agree that Connor Brown is exciting and we wish him success for the good of our Leafs.

TheCLAM

Oct 11, 2012
Niagara Falls
Yes, I fully understand why people overlooked him.

I said he would have a shot at AHL ROTY before the season started. You should really try not making assumptions about what people base their information off of, it's a bad quality. And what's wrong with making predictions? It's what like 3/4 of forum discussion is about.

In any case, we can both agree that Connor Brown is exciting and we wish him success for the good of our Leafs.

It's not making an assumption, it's called being realistic..

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
It's not making an assumption, it's called being realistic..

It's also thoughtless and has no content. Everyone is aware that late round picks are longshots. He's playing well so people are acknowledging it.

It really doesn't matter. If I say Connor Brown is going to be a top line player in the NHL, and he never becomes that, I don't care. I'm not going to cry because I was wrong, nor do I have to answer that to anyone. Whatever.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
If Brown can have the impact of someone like MacArthur, safe to say that it's still a pretty successful pick. Anything more then that, to me, is just gravy. A two-way forward that can put up ~60 points seasons is pretty good.

I'm not a big MacArthur fan but Brown developing into a 60 point well rounded forward would be great. It's all gravy, but he may have a higher upside.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
MacArthur never put up close to Brown's CHL numbers.

well, he actually outproduced brown in the chl, aside from in their final seasons....and in his last season brown did get to play with mcdavid.

then mac had a 60ish point pace rookie ahl year, and then went way above ppg in his second ahl year.

brown has started this year at a 60ish pt pace too. if he can improve on that, and get closer to ppg as a rookie, then i'll start to get legit excited about him having first line potential.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
well, he actually outproduced brown in the chl, aside from in their final seasons....and in his last season brown did get to play with mcdavid.

Strange thing to do to discount a junior player's final year stats. Discount the rookie seasons for each and Brown blows MacArthur out of the water.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
well, mac had a nice steady progression every year thru chl and ahl.

brown's had a much more uneven track record, with the mcdavid factor possibly playing a part, so i'm skeptical that we can take his one awesome year as the barometer of his talent at this point.

Gramsci

Jul 31, 2003
Toronto
To be honest, I dislike the comparison because, as you may know, I'm not a fan of MacArthur. Soft like tissue paper; was happy to see him dumped.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
but as you know, i've always liked mac. good at everything, and wicked smaht too.

i think sens fans are starting to realize that he's better than bobby ryan.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
If Brown turns out to be a Macarthur type player I would be pretty happy.

60+point player from a 5th round pick. Thats money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad