Prospect Info: Marlies / Prospects Thread - All seasons well under way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Toninato has looked good in the Gopher's games that I've watched. Can see him making the transition to the NHL. I'm starting to really like the NCAA as a development process.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
McKegg/Brown line looking great so far in the Marlies Amerks game... 0-0 but have created a couple strong chances in the first half of the first.

hockeygeek

Apr 28, 2010
Interesting that Gibson got the start. I thought in camp that Sparks looked like his game had come a long way from a couple of year ago. It was shocking that he was the first goalie sent down. Now I'm wondering why Bibeau is sitting. I guess I'm just not that high on Gibson

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Taking advantage of the one week earlier clock shift from summer time here in Europe to watch Marlies and Leafs today I wonder who was the best of our three Swedish D so far in this young season?

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Abott from Leivo!

And Sparks is playing great in Orlando, .966 so far.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Brown! From findlay on a nice 2 on 1. good wheels by Connor.

2-0 marlies

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Taking advantage of the one week earlier clock shift from summer time here in Europe to watch Marlies and Leafs today I wonder who was the best of our three Swedish D so far in this young season?

Lööv
Nilsson
Granberg

That's how I'd rank as of now.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Abott from Leivo!

And Sparks is playing great in Orlando, .966 so far.

Ross, Biggs and Sparks all look out of place there. Even Knodel does. but he could stand another couple of games to show off his offensive abilities. Ross and Biggs may not have been the most impressive in the AHL, but they are still solid defensive players and have shown off their offensive abilities now. Give them another chance or move them.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Interesting that Gibson got the start. I thought in camp that Sparks looked like his game had come a long way from a couple of year ago. It was shocking that he was the first goalie sent down. Now I'm wondering why Bibeau is sitting. I guess I'm just not that high on Gibson

Sparks was sent down because he was injured for all but like 1 preseason game. I think the ECHL was more of a conditioning stint than anything. Also, he gets to start in the ECHL, which Gibson has been the backup to Bibeau in the AHL. It's nothing to do with his abilities, because he, like Gibson and Bibeau, are all guys who can start and play well in the AHL. All of them could be good backups in the NHL some day too, if not more.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
McKegg from an awesome feed from Brown for a SHG ona 2 on 1. Beautiful! Loov second assist.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Sparks was sent down because he was injured for all but like 1 preseason game. I think the ECHL was more of a conditioning stint than anything. Also, he gets to start in the ECHL, which Gibson has been the backup to Bibeau in the AHL. It's nothing to do with his abilities, because he, like Gibson and Bibeau, are all guys who can start and play well in the AHL. All of them could be good backups in the NHL some day too, if not more.

GS:
Gibson: 5
Bibeau: 4

Gibson the backup from the ice or something?

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
Well if you take things literally. On a depth chart, Bibeau is the starter.

Then why has Gibson played more.....

Generally I concider the starter the one who has started more games. Which would be Gibson. Its a 1A,1B giving 50/50 of the starts neither Gibson or Bibeau are the starter and neither is the backup. But if you had to argue one way Gibson would get the edge, due to the extra game starte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad