Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2023-23 Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
With Dillingham having played with Sarnia, being Voit's teammate, they would have seen him play many times, when the Leafs scouts went to watch their prospect. He was probably someone on the radar even before the camp.

You never know with these kids, look at Wifi with Montreal... undrafted guy.

Xhekaj is not good though, he is just good at fighting and being tough.

I really think if he weren't a good fighter, no one would talk about him or care if he played. Doesn't start a lot in the defensive zone and is the worst relative xgf% for the D on his team.

I hope Dillingham can be a borderline NHLer like Xhejak, that would be a huge plus for any undrafted player if they can even contribute a single game, our development program is doing well.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
With Dillingham having played with Sarnia, being Voit's teammate, they would have seen him play many times, when the Leafs scouts went to watch their prospect. He was probably someone on the radar even before the camp.

You never know with these kids, look at Wifi with Montreal... undrafted guy.
1689351065061.png

At 6-1/201 lbs RHD that hits like a Mac Truck what it not to like?.

However I see this as a way for Leafs to get some prospects into the pool when you trade away so many of your own draft picks.,

Leafs only made 3 picks last entry draft and only 3 picks in 2021 as well and have made the least amount of draft picks over the past 3 seasons of all NHL teams. They keep mortaging their future to fuel failure in the present and the prospect pool suffers as a result. So you need to find some "free wallet" type players to fill the holes.

Reactions: Fogelhund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad