Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerk

Apr 27, 2009
the exact quote from niemela in the article is v encouraging
“Of course I’m open to playing with the Marlies,” said Niemela. “If I come to North America, I need to go to the Marlies before I’m ready to play with the Maple Leafs. The rinks are smaller, the hockey is much faster than Finland. I need to get experience in smaller rinks.”

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
@SeaOfBlue are we able to sign Logan Morrison or does he need to go back into the draft?

Every 02' or earlier would need to be drafted. 01's can be signed and are not available to be drafted, except Europeans and Lucas Edmonds (who counts as a European too).

Morrison probably should have been drafted in 2020, but he had a very vanilla skillset mostly defined by decent playmaking skills, effort, and high IQ but also only mediocre size and below average skating ability.

He may get drafted, but it would still should only be with a late round pick at best. He didn't skyrocket into some amazing, early round player. He has a much better supporting cast (including McTavish) and his style thrives on that on top of the natural development you would expect to happen over 2 years.

Would not be surprised to see similar types of developmental paths out of Kocha Delic and Pano Fimis as well. They have very similar sets of strengths and weaknesses as Logan Morrison did in 2020, which is why I would expect they go later in the draft as well (if not completely undrafted).

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
That is the best quote possible from a prospect. Shows that he is humble enough to not expect a guaranteed spot on the big club and recognizes he still has something’s to learn.
The Marlies have a solid track record of developing defensemen in recent years: Sandin, Liljegren, Holl, Dermott, etc.

That’s gotta be an appealing situation for him; especially just being in the city.

Reactions: aingefan

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Chemo destroys your body and has you feeling like shit/weak - yet this kid keeps going.

Has his treatment now officially ended?
He has been working out the entire time through treatment. It's remarkable to be honest.

If he can handle the type of pressure he is enduring these days, I can only imagine he will be able to handle the pressures of the Toronto market with ease.

Inspiring to say the least

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Health comes first but man the day he can put a Maple Leaf sweater on and skate out in front of a crowd, it’ll be a moment to remember.
I honestly just hope this kid can live a fruitful life. I couldn't care less if he ever plays a game for us TBH. Some things are just bigger than Hockey.

But your totally right, it would be an absolute moment to remember if he somehow managed to defy all the odds and play for us. Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Marlies at 3-3 in the second.
Steeves and Abramov with goals. Nice for Abs, it’s been a quiet stretch for him.
Also, Carter Hutton appears to be the backup tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad