Prospect Info: Marlies/Prospects Thread - 2021/22 PART III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs1991

Nov 17, 2015
LMAO, that's not what I said at all. I said in hockey, confidence is very often misconstrued as cockiness because having any sort of personality is literally shut down or frowned upon. It's why the game is boring OUTSIDE of hockey being played. Having some swagger and confidence should be celebrated. Players giving honest and candid interviews about their emotions and feelings should be celebrated and welcomed. That's what drives entertainment, that's what gives buzz. The NHL could learn more from the other major leagues.

I want Nick Robertson to be pissed that he's not in the NHL right now, hopefully that motivates him enough to keep producing and getting there. But this idea that players have to be happy all the time or being oh so grateful to be in the AHL is utopian BS. The goal for most of them is to be in the NHL.

Also I don't know how many times I can say this, I don't give a shit what you think you do or don't know about me lol. It's an online forum, you can't accurately perceive anything my personality, personal life, how I am in real life from anything I post. So if it makes you feel good at night to think I'm some certain way that's cool, if you don't that's also cool.
You can Francis. People who decide to post online will show their true colours because it's anonymous. I know you may find it hard to believe but it's the truth.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You can Francis. People who decide to post online will show their true colours because it's anonymous. I know you may find it hard to believe but it's the truth.

For some maybe, but I don’t believe that’s the case for all. And definitely not the case for me. I do enjoy bringing other perspectives and looking through different lenses. Playing devils advocate, doesn’t mean I always agree with the takes, but I like discussions. Everyone knows it’s not good to be a cocky person in life, but having some swagger and confidence as an athlete is actually beneficial.

you couldn’t be more wrong about me, so maybe you should get your rose coloured glasses fixed a bit buddy!

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
It is the look he had as a Leaf too.
No passion, urgency or excitment.

I don't have a history of following Ritchie prior to this season but my take is something has changed and he looks ready to take a break away from the game.
He is getting by on name value and that he is 220 lbs every day. Certainly has not shown a nasty streak that I thought he would bring.

Maybe a break is what he needs to decide if he still has the stomach for what is required for him to be a successful NHL player.
If Ritchie was only 220lbs he might be useful. But he's 231lbs, 11 lbs heavier than Matthews according to hockey reference, but I think Matthews was down to 210 at the start of the year. Wayne Simmonds has the same listed height, and he weighs 185lbs. Ritchie is simply to big to keep up in skating.

Reactions: The Iceman

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
I can honestly see Abruzzese being in the top 9 or at least bottom 6 next year. Dude has done nothing but impress.

Out of the crop of youngsters not playing with the Leafs... I think he may have the best shot to make next year's team out of the gate.

I wasn't that high on him before, as I thought he would need at least a year in the AHL. But after seeing him playing for Team USA, a top 9 spot next year looks very possible.

He could take Kerfoot's spot on the line with Nylander and Tavares, or if Kerfoot is still around next year by some miracle... I could see him with Tavares, and Nylander/Kerfoot on another line.

Unless Robertson has a great camp, he probably starts next year in the AHL. Steeves is likely a good candidate for the bottom 6 next year.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008

No surprise Ritchie is out given he missed all of the 3rd period yesterday and played in the two previous games.

It is stupid to see Clifford on the 3rd line instead of Gogolev though.

He’s gotta start forcing the issue with his play, but I agree with the premise.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare

No surprise Ritchie is out given he missed all of the 3rd period yesterday and played in the two previous games.

Moore really does not like Gogolev this season. He looks fine in his few minutes of ice, but he's been relegated to 4th line/healthy scratch duty.

That being said, you can see how much quicker Clifford looks against AHL competition.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Something happen to Duszak? Sorry I haven't caught a Marlies game lately as the games have been so few and far between

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Bunting --- Matthews --- Marner
Robertson --- Tavares --- Nylander
Mikheyev --- Kampf --- Kase
Kerfoot --- Spezza --- Engvall​

Reactions: Teeder Keon

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He's just not a good coach. The Marlies systems are worse under him than they were with Keefe and in interviews he throws the players under the bus when they lose.

He also sucks at teaching defense, whereas Keefe could turn guys who were one-dimensional into solid two-way players + PKers.

Case in point: Trevor Moore and Dmytro Timashov.

Reactions: stickty111

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
He also sucks at teaching defense, whereas Keefe could turn guys who were one-dimensional into solid two-way players + PKers.

Case in point: Trevor Moore and Dmytro Timashov.

Liljegren has to be the crown jewel of 1-way player to 2-way dominance for Keefe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad