OT: Marlies assistant coach Rob Davidson in hospital(update: discharged from hospital)

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Hopefully he's going to be okay and recovers quickly as possible. Scary stuff that's for sure

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Yeah the loss, forfeit whatever happened. Absolutley none of that means f*** all.

Just hope he makes a speedy recovery. thoughts and prayers with him, and his family.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I read on Twitter that it was a stroke, no idea how true that is.

my uncle took a stroke at 44, but luckily made an almost full recovery. He was stubborn and never went to the doctor to get his blood checked, just like a lot of other people.

Get your annual check ups people, no matter how old you are or how healthy you feel.

Obviously I have no idea of Rob’s situation, but I’m hoping for a full recovery from whatever it was.
Bob McGill had a stroke and he looks better than ever
Alot of stroke sufferers are not found in time
He was in the hands of good alert people
God speed

Reactions: Mugzy97

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
With a stroke you have the golden hour to get medical help. If thats what it was, he's very lucky to be around so many medical care professionals.

Hoping for a full and speedy recovery!

As for the forfeit, who cares. The health of one of our own trumps losing a meaningless game, and I dont want our players playing in a game where nobody can focus. Good on Dubas and the Org to shut that shit down.

Stroke Patients Who Reach Hospitals Within 'Golden Hour' Twice As Likely To Get Clot-busting Drug

Here's why the 90-day 'golden period' in post-stroke rehabilitation is vital (Comment)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ULF_55

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Does anybody know why someone would have a prolonged seizure like this? I wonder if He has epilepsy or if he’s had small seizures before?
Grand mal seizure - Symptoms and causes

A grand mal seizure causes a loss of consciousness and violent muscle contractions. It's the type of seizure most people picture when they think about seizures.

A grand mal seizure — also known as a generalized tonic-clonic seizure — is caused by abnormal electrical activity throughout the brain. Usually, a grand mal seizure is caused by epilepsy. But sometimes, this type of seizure can be triggered by other health problems, such as extremely low blood sugar, a high fever or a stroke.

Many people who have a grand mal seizure never have another one and don't need treatment. But someone who has recurrent seizures may need treatment with daily anti-seizure medications to control and prevent future grand mal seizures.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Grand mal seizure - Symptoms and causes

A grand mal seizure causes a loss of consciousness and violent muscle contractions. It's the type of seizure most people picture when they think about seizures.

A grand mal seizure — also known as a generalized tonic-clonic seizure — is caused by abnormal electrical activity throughout the brain. Usually, a grand mal seizure is caused by epilepsy. But sometimes, this type of seizure can be triggered by other health problems, such as extremely low blood sugar, a high fever or a stroke.

Many people who have a grand mal seizure never have another one and don't need treatment. But someone who has recurrent seizures may need treatment with daily anti-seizure medications to control and prevent future grand mal seizures.
Interesting thanks

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

This is the best organization in hockey
I hope anyone blessed with a young person who is even thinking about being a pro ,if they can't play for the TML organization demands they follow the model of caring first
It l come back to u in spades

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Glad to hear he's healthy enough to be discharged and able to fly back home to be with family. This is alarming though, as I believe if you have one seizure you have a significant chance of becoming prone to them. Hopefully, it is some random one-off occurrence that isn't likely to repeat itself.

Reactions: beleaf101

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Does anybody know why someone would have a prolonged seizure like this? I wonder if He has epilepsy or if he’s had small seizures before?

I have Cerbal Palasy I have had these, they are scary but they do not kill, and you are generally fine afterwards.

Sizures in general won't kill. unless you have one in pool where you can drown, or if you are eating and you choke

But a sizure itself will not kill you, if they did I'd be dead, many many, many, MANY times.

There is no reason he can't coach again, in fact there are several medications that can help with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad