Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition III

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Having Lily and Sandin in the pipeline in the AHL, doing so well, having another d-man like Durzi or Gordeev (or both!) step up, develop, and become good assets, will help the Leafs be able to make a trade for an impact defender in the immediate term.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
So is Liljegren 100% confirmed out of the WJHC?

I see that Sweden added Broberg to their camp (potential top 10 pick in June).

They did say on the broadcast tonight, that he is out of the WJHC. I don't know if that is a 100%, but it is what they claimed.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They did say on the broadcast tonight, that he is out of the WJHC. I don't know if that is a 100%, but it is what they claimed.

I think it's more speculative like we were saying on here.

High ankle sprains are tough and even if he comes back he probably isn't 100% for awhile. I can't see the Leafs releasing him if he isn't 100%...

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

High ankle sprains are tough and even if he comes back he probably isn't 100% for awhile. I can't see the Leafs releasing him if he isn't 100%...

I suffered a severe ankle sprain in early August, low and high... I've rehabbed, stretched, gym..... it still isn't 100%.... but then, I don't have an army of medical staff, and I'm old...LOL.... but they do take a great deal of time.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Some interesting stats for you.

Stephen Burtch‏ @SteveBurtch 4h4 hours ago
More
If you look specifically at 5v5 scoring and eTOI, Rasmus Sandin and Andreas Borgman have both been way more offensively productive than Rosen this year (+ younger)

5v5 ePts/60 (AHL D rank)
Sandin 2.78 (6)
Borgman 2.64 (7)
Subban 1.40 (62)
Rosen 1.38 (64)
Liljegren 1.12 (109)

Reactions: stickty111

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I suffered a severe ankle sprain in early August, low and high... I've rehabbed, stretched, gym..... it still isn't 100%.... but then, I don't have an army of medical staff, and I'm old...LOL.... but they do take a great deal of time.

:laugh: I hear ya a few years ago I broke my fibula (the smaller, non weight bearing bone) and had a high ankle sprain. And the sprain was more of the reason why I couldn't walk for 3 months .. And it took me well over a year before it felt normal again, even after I healed and worked it out.

I remember when Rielly had that high ankle sprain a couple of years ago too and he wasn't the same when he came back right away. Took him some time.

Sucks for Lily but hopefully it's not that severe.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
:laugh: I hear ya a few years ago I broke my fibula (the smaller, non weight bearing bone) and had a high ankle sprain. And the sprain was more of the reason why I couldn't walk for 3 months .. And it took me well over a year before it felt normal again, even after I healed and worked it out.

I remember when Rielly had that high ankle sprain a couple of years ago too and he wasn't the same when he came back right away. Took him some time.

Sucks for Lily but hopefully it's not that severe.

I had a severe high ankle sprain myself (also work in the medical field) and it took 6 months to get back to being 100%. And about 10 weeks before I resumed sports.

With “proper” treatment (aka what Liljegren is getting now), moderate to severe high ankle sprains take 6-8 weeks before return to normal activities (eg return to practice) and 12 weeks before the joint is back to 100%. That’s for sprains that do not require surgery.

I have a feeling none of you received “proper” treatment (eg what Liljegren is getting) which is intense and very expensive. I received limited treatment and it did wonders for my recovery, just took a bit longer.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

Would be absolutely irresponsible to release him (unless it is a mild sprain, even then it’s risky). It’d be a dangerous move that could bite them in the ass if Liljegren hurts the ankle again in Vancouver. Absolutely not worth the risk, and you know the swedish coach will play him at all costs if the Leafs give him the opportunity.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I hope Rosen & Borgman are both on the Leafs next season.

Rielly - Hainsey (uggh)
Dermott - Zaitsev
Rosen - Ozhiganov
Borgman

Right side is terribad as usual and really we are hoping Liljgren is going to excel and become a top pairing D.. I'm sure management has a plan but it is a real issue.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I hope Rosen & Borgman are both on the Leafs next season.

Rielly - Hainsey (uggh)
Dermott - Zaitsev
Rosen - Ozhiganov
Borgman

Right side is terribad as usual and really we are hoping Liljgren is going to excel and become a top pairing D.. I'm sure management has a plan but it is a real issue.
maybe there would be some willingness to let a LH shooter other than Hainsey play the right side too. If we had a way to balance the sides out, we really start to not look that bad on the back and:

Rielly-Dermott
Gardiner-Ozhiganov (he's been quite a bit better than Zaitsev and I think the extension will be much more palatable an AAV)
Rosen/Borgman-Zaitsev
Rosen/Borgman

if Dermott keeps trending the way he is, that doesn't feel like a bad D corps to me

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Carcone Brooks Gagner
Marchment Mueller Bracco
Engvall Jooris Grundstrom
Klimchuk Greening Moore

Rosen LoVerde
Sandin Corrado
Borgman Jardine

McAdam

Timashov is a scratch for the 3rd straight game.

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Down 2-0 .. Ouch.

They had a first few good shifts but some bad neutral zone D by the forwards allowed a 2 on 1 on the first goal

Need to see a replay of the second but that was deflected off of the defenseman (LoVerde) trying to block a shot from the top of the circle

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Marlies finally connect on their 3rd PP with 30 seconds left in the first.

Bracco with a nice finish on some good puck movement .. Assisted by Rosen and Mueller.

2-1

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
And to add to it the Marlies have 3 PP's to the Crunch's 0 ... That's not good either, the Marlies will get their calls against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad