Prospect Info: Marlies and Prospects Discussion - 2018/19 Edition III

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
The team is no longer stacked but Dubas is bringing in players to help Keefe with the struggle, he did this before when they struggled
  • Klimchuk
  • Carcone
  • Gagner
  • Corrado

To be fair, Corrado was 100% Gilman since it was an AHL deal. The Carcone and Gagner thing was more just their GM's doing player's a favour. I am excited to see Carcone, and Gagner... well we do not need offensive help and he's a black hole defensively who will likely suck at center (which is where he is going to have to play now) so I do not even know if he is going to be good for the Marlies. Klimchuk could have also easily been Gilman as well.

I will say, I do like the moves the minor moves. I wish we could have got a high pick out of Leivo, or just kept him, but Babcock killed his value. Dubas did a good job at getting a younger prospect who could easily be NHL ready next year though, especially with 0.5 years to develop with the Marlies. If he can develop his defensive game (since he will likely be on the 4th line) while still being effective offensively, Carcone would be a better Leipsic for our team.

Just need to work some magic turn Jooris, Subban and McAdam into better partners for Sandin and Kaskisuo.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Statistically, it looks like he's been better than Lilly. Don't know usage though, game I watched Liljegren played much harder minutes.
Liljegren faces tougher competition but that's been changing recently, especially with Lilj out as Keefe has been relying more on Sandin. Apparently Dubas is very involved in Sandin's ice-time.

In my opinion its not close and Sandin is the organization's best prospect. I'm amazed at how complete this kids game is for an 18 year old in the AHL. He is a workhorse.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Statistically, it looks like he's been better than Lilly. Don't know usage though, game I watched Liljegren played much harder minutes.
Sandin has played the minutes Liljegren played last year.

Liljegren is playing tougher minutes this year but Sandin looks to be doing better in the role Liljegren had last year than Liljegren did.

That's a confusing sentence.

Basically, Sandin looks damn good!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sandin is a bit more like Dermott in that he doesn't quite have holes in his game, nor the elite attributes of a Rielly/Liljegren. higher floor and he looks tremendous now because he has a lot of strengths, but I don't think he has that elite #1D upside. still a fantastic pick, especially from where he was drafted. I also really like that him, Dermott, and Liljegren all play with a physical edge

Reactions: supermann_98

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Sandin definitely has a more polished game, the only thing really holding him back is strength/speed (and even that's not far off).

I'm wondering if we really could see both Sandin and Lily crack the line up next season as a bottom pair... Sandin gets the PK time, Lily gets the 2nd PP unit duties...

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Sandin definitely has a more polished game, the only thing really holding him back is strength/speed (and even that's not far off).

I'm wondering if we really could see both Sandin and Lily crack the line up next season as a bottom pair... Sandin gets the PK time, Lily gets the 2nd PP unit duties...

As much as I'd love that, how would that effect the expansion draft? Would they be eligible to be chosen if they played next year?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The way it’s going. Scott and Woll might both be too 5 among goalie prospects by the end of the seasom

Reactions: stickty111

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008

In case it was missed. I didn't see Sandin make a single check that impressive last year in the Soo.

The other team be like "Not kuhlman..."

download.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad