Recalled/Assigned: Markus Niemelainen reassigned back to Bakersfield

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

Is it me, or was he not easily the best of the Lagesson, Broberg, Nemo trio?

From my perspective, I agree with you and think he brought a physical element dearly needed on the D-corps. Dude hits like a tank & has been developing that rare ability to intimidate opposing forwards by making them aware every time he was on the ice. Yes, he's far from perfect and has room for growth, but I love to see that kind of nastiness in the lineup.

Hope to see him back soon.

Edit: @Jimmi McJenkins, saw your Post after I wrote mine. If it's a Baby on the way then I agree that it's a good decision & kudos to the Team for facilitating his presence.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
If it's because he's having a baby I get him getting sent down. He's also hit a bit of a wall of late, struggling with moving the puck so a bit of a reset might not be the worst thing for him either.

Reactions: Mr Positive

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Fine with him going back... His hitting slowed down to 5 hits in last 5 games total after averaging 5hits per night his first 15 games.

He will easily add 20 more pounds as he matures and become a long term force for us on bottom pairing.

Reactions: oilers'72

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Wife is expecting soon. She is in Bako. That might have something to do with his reassignment.

I would not worry too much about this.
So instead of putting him on bereavement and him getting paid NHL money they send him down?

“congrats on the baby, your next paycheck will be 1/10 the size of your last ones”

Just waive Smith and send him down when he clears, then when he refuses the assignment you cancel his contract and use the cap space to help the team.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Fine with him going back... His hitting slowed down to 5 hits in last 5 games total after averaging 5hits per night his first 15 games.

He will easily add 20 more pounds as he matures and become a long term force for us on bottom pairing.

He is 23 years old (turns 24 in June), I'm not sure he is going to add a lot more weight at this point. Maybe a few more pounds, but he is exceptionally unlikely to add 20# at this age.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I wasn't a big fan of Nemo the last few games, I think he's really struggling to move the puck. Strikes me as someone who maybe gets overrated due to his physicality, but really his upside is a good bottom pairing guy. I think Broberg has really been pushing the last few games, and has higher upside. I really like Nemo, don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure he's an everyday guy yet.

Reactions: voxel

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I wasn't a big fan of Nemo the last few games, I think he's really struggling to move the puck. Strikes me as someone who maybe gets overrated due to his physicality, but really his upside is a good bottom pairing guy. I think Broberg has really been pushing the last few games, and has higher upside. I really like Nemo, don't get me wrong, I'm just not sure he's an everyday guy yet.

Nemo is what he is, a decent bottom pairing option and that's it. I think his game is hurt also because of who he's been paired with too - Bouchard and Lagesson. The latter is far worse IMO.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Still waiting for Nemo to throw a stick into the Flames crowd

Pretty sure it was him who threw a stick into the crowd lol

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
jfc. I love watching Nemo. He had one bad game, one hit, and one bad giveaway and he gets sent down. We can't have enjoyable players here.

We have the softest Oilers team in a decade and he isn't staying up in out lineup? After the Calgary game I thought that was memo we could stand to get tougher. I guess we're just tanking the season now.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
jfc. I love watching Nemo. He had one bad game, one hit, and one bad giveaway and he gets sent down. We can't have enjoyable players here.

We have the softest Oilers team in a decade and he isn't staying up in out lineup? After the Calgary game I thought that was memo we could stand to get tougher. I guess we're just tanking the season now.
AS someone posted above, he is about to have a kid and his wife is in Bakersfield, so they sent him down so he could play down there and be with his wife.

Reactions: oilers'72

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He is 23 years old (turns 24 in June), I'm not sure he is going to add a lot more weight at this point. Maybe a few more pounds, but he is exceptionally unlikely to add 20# at this age.
He will certainly be adding close to 20lbs in the next 5-7 yrs but they might by Byfuglien pounds . No way he stays at 190lbs being 6'6.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
He will certainly be adding close to 20lbs in the next 5-7 yrs but they might by Byfuglien pounds . No way he stays at 190lbs being 6'6.

There’s no way he’s putting on 20 lbs he’s gotta be around 220 already.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015

Let him go down so he could be with his pregnant wife in Bako as she’s expecting any day now apparently.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Listed at 190lbs everywhere..his (lack of) weight was called out in one of the segments

And Yamamoto’s been listed at 153 lbs since he was like 14, those aren’t accurate at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,430.00