Markstrom Sent Back to SA

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
Kevin Dineen on Jacob Markstrom: 'He was fine.' He wasn't the #FlaPanthers problem in losses to #Pens and #Bruins

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
My guess is that Versteeg might be close to returning and they need the roster space instead of carrying 3 goalies.

I don't know, whatever.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
This made absolutely no sense. I guess maybe the whole point of bringing him up was to hopefully change the impact either in goal or to the rest of the team to win these last two games. Obviously, while I thought Markstrom played very well, that plan didn't work.

I really hope this doesn't hurt his confidence and understands that this team has been a joke all season and it's not his fault for the two losses.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Ohh nice!
Are we trying for Mackinnon or Jones btw?

This doesn't belong in this thread, but

IMO, we should take a forward..

MacKinnon/ Drouin - either one would be a huge improvement to our offensive core.

Barkov/ Lindholm/ Monahan - Ok addition to our core.

Nichushkin (Don't know a lot about this guy, but he is 6'3'', 195lb Winger - 6 points, 4 goals in 18 games in the KHL as a 17-year-old - Scouts love his hands and think he has that "wow" factor)

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Florida Panthers are showing tank mode..

Markstrom was clearly the best on the ice for the last two games along with Robak in last game.

So to be sure to lose just put Kuba ans Weiss back in but please trade him before the deadline. Use one of the buyouts on Kuba!!

Erick*

Markstrom was clearly the best on the ice for the last two games along with Robak in last game.

So to be sure to lose just put Kuba ans Weiss back in but please trade him before the deadline. Use one of the buyouts on Kuba!!

How many buyouts do we have? If it's only one, I choose Upshall over Kuba.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
How many buyouts do we have? If it's only one, I choose Upshall over Kuba.

I think we have two.

I wouldnt buy out Upshall but he just cant get healthy. That is his problem and we cant use this anymore.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

We didn't win with him in the net anyways.

Erick*

I think we have two.

I wouldnt buy out Upshall but he just cant get healthy. That is his problem and we cant use this anymore.

I feel like I'd buy out Upshall even if he was perfectly healthy.

The guy is just not a good contract, regardless.

He's one of our highest paid players, yet he's put up 6 points in 33 games when healthy. The guy is basically Rostislav Olesz.

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
maybe they couldn't get a good trading partner for clemm, or theo so they had to send markie down. robak looked good, weiss not sooo much. kuba has been a major disappointment for me. tired of upshall also!!!

Erick*

:shakehead

Shouldn't have brought him up in the first place then.

This is what I don't understand.

If the purpose was to send him down after 2 games, what was the point?

Not to mention they put him out there against the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Boston Bruins of all teams. Good thing he played well or else it'd seem like they're sending him down for poor play. Could've easily ruined his confidence somewhat.

jkscott

Florida Panther STH
Apr 30, 2011
South Florida
This has screwup written all over it. My only guess is that they had a trade worked out for Clemm that fell through at the last minute.

Coach Nate

Angry Rampage Expat
Aug 17, 2008
San Antonio
This is what I don't understand.

If the purpose was to send him down after 2 games, what was the point?

Not to mention they put him out there against the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Boston Bruins of all teams. Good thing he played well or else it'd seem like they're sending him down for poor play. Could've easily ruined his confidence somewhat.

Trust me, Jacob knows he played well in those two games.

Erick*

Trust me, Jacob knows he played well in those two games.

I know because he did.

I'm saying though if he would've came up and allowed 5 goals per game (which is a possible scenario considering the small sample/the teams he faced) and was sent back down, it could've hurt his confidence some.

It just makes no sense to me to call him up temporarily to face, arguably, the two best teams in the conference. They put him in position to fail, and, for what it's worth, he didn't.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
This team is a mess.

Our entire first line from last year has disappeared. No finish, No defense, and can't win battles on boards.

Kuba hasn't been able to replace Campbell.

Forwards all of a sudden can't play basic defense anymore.

Goaltending has been terrible.

Columbus is a better team that we are right now. They at least compete hard in every game.

Best forwards: Shore, Huberdeau, Mueller, Kopecky, Goc
Best defensemen: Kulikov
Best G: Markstrom

Pure ass.

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
This team is a mess.

Our entire first line from last year has disappeared. No finish, No defense, and can't win battles on boards.

Columbus is a better team that we are right now. They at least compete hard in every game.

Pure ass.

Give Guds and Robak some credit . Those two havent disappointed -.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
This team is a mess.

Pure ass.

Pretty much. I think Columbus is worse than us, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad