Value of: Mark Stone

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I’m really sorry Sens fans have had to go through so much crap in one year, wouldn’t wish that on any team. Best case scenario is being able to somehow get the pick back from Colorado and dealing off the remaining assets to rebuild.

Would still be a long way to go, but White, Chabot, Brown, 4th overall, and next years pick is a good place to start.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I’m really sorry Sens fans have had to go through so much crap in one year, wouldn’t wish that on any team. Best case scenario is being able to somehow get the pick back from Colorado and dealing off the remaining assets to rebuild.

Would still be a long way to go, but White, Chabot, Brown, 4th overall, and next years pick is a good place to start.

What about Duchene and Stone?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Think they would be dealt for the rebuild.

I don't think Karlsson's staying - which sucks for us, it really stings, but Duchene and Stone (I think) will stay and we'll retool with prospects and the core we have. I sincerely don't think the Sens need to burn it to the ground. Really no team needs to burn it to the ground these days, retooling is so much easier than it used to be.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ottawa would be insane to let Stone go. He is an underrated sniper and about the only real asset they have left once Karlsson leaves.

Too bad the Jets are already loaded on the right side, it would be great to have the home boy back in Winnipeg. Then again, part of Mark Stone is permanently etched in Dustin Byfuglien's shoulder.

buff2.gif

They would be insane to let him go, but who wants to sign longterm in Ottawa right now?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Stone is not going to be moved and will stay in Ottawa. One way or another Sens will need to pay some players to at least reach the cap floor if they trade Karlsson/Ryan. Has already stated he wants to stay in Ottawa and the management surely wants to keep him.

Next captain of the team if Karl is traded.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Or maybe they both resign along with our captain ,and we retool with a pretty decent prospect base which we already have ....Funny how many seem to forget this

I don't think Karlsson's staying - which sucks for us, it really stings, but Duchene and Stone (I think) will stay and we'll retool with prospects and the core we have. I sincerely don't think the Sens need to burn it to the ground. Really no team needs to burn it to the ground these days, retooling is so much easier than it used to be.

Fair enough, the both of you will have a better grasp on what the team should do and what the players want to do. I just figured trading Stone, Karlsson, and Duchene now would maximize value. If they are able to retain any of them then re-tooling might be the best option. After the last year with all of the drama all three may want to leave, but we won’t know until they are either traded or re-signed.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Doug Wilson should offersheet him just for the shits and giggles

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Fair enough, the both of you will have a better grasp on what the team should do and what the players want to do. I just figured trading Stone, Karlsson, and Duchene now would maximize value. If they are able to retain any of them then re-tooling might be the best option. After the last year with all of the drama all three may want to leave, but we won’t know until they are either traded or re-signed.

To me, it's all about Karlsson - and I think we lose him. Does Duchene want out after that? I really doubt it, I think he sees what his former team did - go from an absolute joke to a playoff team in a short period and want to be a part of the solution. But who knows...Stone should be a slam dunk to re-sign. Should be no problems there at all.

I guess...for Ottawa fans, it's time to get to know the new core without Karlsson. One that'll hopefully include Duchene and Stone - I really can't see why it wouldn't.

Again though, it's all about Karlsson. And it's very sad times in Ottawa. We've never lost anything like this, with the exception of Chara - and even then, Karlsson is in a league of his own. That's the terrible thing for Ottawa. Not even necessarily Melnyk, who can go roger himself and 100% not Mike Hoffman and not the pending contract situations of Duchene and Stone, it's all about losing a generational player. Now I'm gonna go :( myself to sleep.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad