Value of: Mark Stone

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
So what he is going to do now? Who would sign a big deal in Ottawa the way things are going right now? Will he ask for a trade aswell?

Read this tweet a couple days ago, doesnt look like the stuff happening now was a surprise to many people in Ottawa...

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
They should trade him to Colorado they get their 1st pick back!!!

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I wish I didn't believe this but Ottawa has become a joke. One year removed from a good playoff run and all of a sudden they're the worst team in the league.

If this doesn't convince Melnyk to sell then the league needs to just take his team away like a 16 year olds cell phone after they break curfew.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Ottawa is such a mess.

It's almost worth being proactive about a Stone trade, because the second he requests one, Ottawa loses their leverage and Stone's value drops accordingly. They can't afford to lose another one of their premier pieces for less than market value.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Even with the average skating he is the type of player the Canes are looking for. If Ottawa wants a ton of futures then the Canes are well stocked. Pick any 2-3 of the Canes young players or prospects not named Aho, Necas, or Svechnikov. Guys like Brock McGinn, Victor Rask, Haydn Fleury, Jake Bean, Roland McKeown, Valentin Zykov, Warren Foegele, Janne Kuokkanen, Aleksi Saarela, Lucas Wallmark, Nic Roy, Julien Gauthier, Morgan Geekie, Stelio Mattheos, Luke Martin, 2018 2nd, 2019 1st, etc. Would also do a deal around Hanifin+. Pretty much same goes for Karlsson if he were willing to extend (and I realize he probably wouldn't).

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I mean it's quite possible that most of the "mess" being talked about in the OP is gone with Hoffman. Make Karlsson believe they are moving in the right direction now and if he stays everything might be back to normal. If Karlsson leaves, who knows where this goes.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
If Stone were to become available the Blues would have to be all over it. He’s exactly what they need.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Im more wondering what is going to happen with Matt Duchene now as well. Requested and left Colorado to play to win, and Colorado is on the rise and Ottawa is well now going through a full on collapse in a sense especially if Karlsson leaves.

Lets say Stone and Duchene stay the roster looks like this:

Boedker Duchene Stone
Ryan Smith Gaborik
Burrows Pageau Dzingel
Paajarvi Pyatt McCormick
White

Chabot Ceci
Claesson Wideman- if re-signed
Wolanin Bergman
Borowiecki Harpur

Plus Colorado having next year's first is going to be hard to take as well.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Ottawa would be insane to let Stone go. He is an underrated sniper and about the only real asset they have left once Karlsson leaves.

Too bad the Jets are already loaded on the right side, it would be great to have the home boy back in Winnipeg. Then again, part of Mark Stone is permanently etched in Dustin Byfuglien's shoulder.

buff2.gif

Reactions: Captain97

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
What would it take from buffalo,

I absolutely love the idea of RoR-Stone on the same line. then adding someone like Mittlestadt and you have an elite two-way 1st line Mittlestadt-RoR-Stone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad