Injury Report: MARK STONE - Shoulder injury - updated 01/20/14

Whippet

Feb 6, 2013
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes 2m
Mark Stone will not be making the trip after suffering an injury in practice today. Staying back home to he re-evaluated. May join later.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Petersson needs another look. He's scoring at a good clip, and Spezza could use a lethal shot and some quickness on his line.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
RW should be Petersson I would hope. Unless they shift Zibanejad to RW and add Pageau.

Maybe its time to showcase O'Brien.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
? They played very well together when Zibanejad was on his wing this year.

Zibanejad has been better at center than wing at any point in his career here, and helped Conacher and Michalek (not carried: helped) look much better as well.

The only times I've shared your sentiment of Zibanejad "looking lost" is when he's on the wing.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
what the hell is wrong with this guy? i was so nervous his first game up here. i thought he made it through and was going to be ok.

so now we really need a top 6 winger

do we just sticky the mark stone injury thread?

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Dang this kid is hurt a lot. Wonder what happened?

During a routine practice before the team flew to Washington for Tuesday’s game against the Capitals, Stone appeared to lose his balance as he received a pass from Jason Spezza in his skate while Stone drove toward the net.
Awkwardly, Stone crashed into the end boards, remained on the ice for several seconds, and punched the boards with his fist in frustration, obviously aware he was injured. As he got to his feet, Stone skated off, supporting one arm with the other arm, apparently a wrist or shoulder injury.

- See more at: http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/da-costa-recalled-after-stones-freak-injury#sthash.DbQ3d4qJ.dpuf

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
what the hell is wrong with this guy? i was so nervous his first game up here. i thought he made it through and was going to be ok.

so now we really need a top 6 winger

do we just sticky the mark stone injury thread?

The guy fell into the boards and was hurt and since the team was leaving to go to the airport he was left to be examined by the doctors.

It may be nothing serious at all.

How in the world does this make the guy injury prone???

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
During a routine practice before the team flew to Washington for Tuesday’s game against the Capitals, Stone appeared to lose his balance as he received a pass from Jason Spezza in his skate while Stone drove toward the net.
Awkwardly, Stone crashed into the end boards, remained on the ice for several seconds, and punched the boards with his fist in frustration, obviously aware he was injured. As he got to his feet, Stone skated off, supporting one arm with the other arm, apparently a wrist or shoulder injury.

- See more at: http://www.senatorsextra.com/main/da-costa-recalled-after-stones-freak-injury#sthash.DbQ3d4qJ.dpuf

Damn Spezza didn't want Stone on his line either, who's left???? :laugh: :sarcasm:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
The guy fell into the boards and was hurt and since the team was leaving to go to the airport he was left to be examined by the doctors.

How in the world does this make the guy injury prone???[/QUOTE]

Didn't he get injured when he was called up in the playoffs last year?

He has a small sample of games and callups, so a couple of injuries in a couple of times up with the big club can make it seem like he is injured a lot. Once he makes it through a stretch of 10 or 20 games without hurting himself the injury prone tag will fall off.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006

I'm sure that's good for the wrist.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

How in the world does this make the guy injury prone???[/QUOTE]

Didn't he get injured when he was called up in the playoffs last year?

He has a small sample of games and callups, so a couple of injuries in a couple of times up with the big club can make it seem like he is injured a lot. Once he makes it through a stretch of 10 or 20 games without hurting himself the injury prone tag will fall off.

Either that or his leg with fall off :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad