Speculation: Mark Stone Megathread Part 4, Vegas emerges as favorite per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Since TSN and Sportsnets video streams are not available in Germany, I have been listening to Team 1200 all day and I can’t imagine their reaction if the Sens manage to not resign Stone, yet they don’t trade him either. They are highly critical of the Sens course if action (who wouldn’t), but things would just blow up at that point. Soooo please make that happen

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Cant blame the Jets for wanting Stone over Hayes and it is understandable that Chevy didnt want to pay the price. Chevy would have looked like a fool to not attempt to get Stone.

Chevy did try and Dorian played games.

If the Jets still want him they will have to try and get him in summer by out bidding all the other teams.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Yes but a large part of the reason players do not want to stay there is obviously because of the circus going on from management and ownership.

That's speculation.

If Karlsson signs there probably isn't much of a circus in the end. They take the L on a bad season and forget about it.

But since he didn't, that process went through the window. Easy for the rest to follow after that and leave while they still can. Personally i think just the fact that these guys are in their primes the team rebuilding matters more than any outside noise.

And if Melnyk didn't want to pay fair money, then that means there was never going to be a process anyway.

I get what you're saying, but Dorion didn't have a choice really. They've tried keeping every one of those players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad