Speculation: Mark Stone Megathread Part 4, Vegas emerges as favorite per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Chevy did try and Dorian played games.

If the Jets still want him they will have to try and get him in summer by out bidding all the other teams.
Why are Jet fans getting mad at Dorian. He set a price for his marquee player. Other teams can pay the price or move on. Jets didn't want to pay the price so they moved on. Maybe someone else will pay the price.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Chevy did try and Dorian played games.

If the Jets still want him they will have to try and get him in summer by out bidding all the other teams.
Dorion isn't smart enough to play games.

Chevy wasn't willing to meet the price for Stone. If Dorion was playing games, Duchene would still be a member of the Sens.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think Calgary is Dorion's last resort if he doesn't get any other buyer willing to give more.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Ottawa wants more. Or they cave after Jets went another route. Interesting to see what happens.

First, second and a top prospect is a decent price for a rental.

Hossa got maybe a bit more, not much, but he was with Dupuis.

I don't believe to 2 firsts + 2 top prospects. It's not realistic.

KnockHobbler

Sep 13, 2018
Dorion isn't smart enough to play games.

Chevy wasn't willing to meet the price for Stone. If Dorion was playing games, Duchene would still be a member of the Sens.
You can be bad at a game but still play. I mean, look at half the guys on Ottawa's roster

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Power outages all over ottawa last night, maybe pierre's alarm did not go off and he is going to sleep through the deadline.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
First, second and a top prospect is a decent price for a rental.

Hossa got maybe a bit more, not much, but he was with Dupuis.

It is, but I'm saying I'm sure the Jets offered similar and Ottawa said no. Their talks were probably going no where so Chevy left.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Winnipeg was serious but Dorian is a clown.

They had to move on instead of wasting time when other good players were available.

If they were serious they wouldn't have been unwilling to make a decent offer for Stone.

They preferred to deal the cheaper package for the worse player in Hayes.

I'm not a Dorion fan at all, but that decision isn't his fault whatsoever.

Reactions: KnockHobbler

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
It is, but I'm saying I'm sure the Jets offered similar and Ottawa said no. Their talks were probably going no where so Chevy left.

Chevy is a really cheap GM. I don't think he offered Niku, first + 2nd for Stone. He should have, but he did not.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Of course not. It's an asking price.

You ask for a couple 1sts and top prospects hoping to get a couple top prospects and a 1st, or a couple 1sts and a top prospect.

Dorion will probably end up settling for a good prospect or two, 1st and a conditional pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad