Speculation: Mark Stone Megathread Part 4, Vegas emerges as favorite per Friedman

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Of course not. It's an asking price.

You ask for a couple 1sts and top prospects hoping to get a couple top prospects and a 1st, or a couple 1sts and a top prospect.

Dorion will probably end up settling for a good prospect or two, 1st and a conditional pick.

Exactly what I'm saying.

First in 2019, Fabbro, conditional 2020 2nd round pick (becomes first if Stone resigns or if Nashville wins the cup). Maybe Hartman instead of the conditional 2nd.

Ahoy there

Always in control of my stick
Nov 10, 2018
NC via WI
Stone is on his knees praying harder than any point of his life that he won't be the last man left to finish the season in OTT

FireDJ

Jul 20, 2006
Alberta
Dorion is damned if he does or damned if he doesn't.

All these other GM's see that he's lost a massive amount of trades over the years, and want to take advantage of him. He put up an asking price. Other teams won't meet it or really budge.

If Dorion caved into Cheveldayoff, he'd be getting ripped for a return of Lemieux, a first and whatever else the Jets would have thrown in.

Reactions: KnockHobbler

FinRanger

Jan 15, 2013
I think teams that want Stone don't want to pay what Dorion is asking. They know that Dorion is asking too much currently and will have to lower his offer soon cause Dorion knows that Stone will walk out in offseason.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Why are Jet fans getting mad at Dorian. He set a price for his marquee player. Other teams can pay the price or move on. Jets didn't want to pay the price so they moved on. Maybe someone else will pay the price.

Ottawa leaking the Jets information to try and jack up the price is a complete joke.
Their GM is a complete idiot and he is sinking that team.

I am sure other teams are all looking to sign Stone for free this summer after seeing the shit show Dorian is playing.

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I think Calgary is Dorion's last resort if he doesn't get any other buyer willing to give more.
I'm pretty confident also Dorion has a low ball offer on the table by CGY and he's just waiting to see if he can get something better elsewhere. If not, he'll either take the offer or take the chance at working things out between Melnyk and Stone's camp.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Ottawa leaking the Jets information to try and jack up the price is a complete joke.

I am sure other teams are all looking to sign Stone for free this summer after seeing the **** show Dorian is playing.

Where did Ottawa leak Jets information? Link?

Reactions: Evanc23

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

I am sure other teams are all looking to sign Stone for free this summer after seeing the **** show Dorian is playing.

If you're going to hate on the guy so much, please at least spell his name correctly- it is D-O-R-I-O-N. Carry on.

Reactions: Evanc23

Emerica

May 29, 2010

Everything is going to be ok. It's going to be alright. Take a breather.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I'm pretty confident also Dorion has a low ball offer on the table by CGY and he's just waiting to see if he can get something better elsewhere. If not, he'll either take the offer or take the chance at working things out between Melnyk and Stone's camp.

My thoughts too. I think Calgary has a decent offer, but it's on the back burner.

Reactions: CF84

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Stone is on his knees praying harder than any point of his life that he won't be the last man left to finish the season in OTT

the one upside is he doesnt risk having a bad end to his year and playoffs from trying to adjust to a new team

would lose him some money in fa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad