Mark Stone High Hit on Filip Forsberg

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Exploded upward in a clear example of attempted murder. 10 games.

But really, that’s a two minute penalty. As the abovd said, only suspend if it wasn’t penalized at the game because some message is better than none. But that looks like he decided to hit at last second and turned his body quick and shifted his weight hard to brace quickly. He got high but definitely didn’t jump. Reckless

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Whats FFs status?

I dont like it, Stone is coming in hot and high even before FF is tripped up by the other Vegas player. *rick flair whoo* Should of been able to play the body more.

I get that Stone is protecting the net but its a gate way drug to blowing up players in an area where you often get tripped up and cant be expected to keep their heads up.

The one laying the hit must own it.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Looks like stone lined him up to me... I could see a game or two, but far from the worst I've seen.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
I hate these super slow motion clips that includes less than 1 second prior to contact. I'd like to see this in real speed starting a few seconds earlier to see how fast Stone was going and if he would have hit the head had Forsberg not been tripped up by Holden. To me it look like it could have been shoulder to chest had he not been falling forward just before contact.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I hate these super slow motion clips that includes less than 1 second prior to contact. I'd like to see this in real speed starting a few seconds earlier to see how fast Stone was going and if he would have hit the head had Forsberg not been tripped up by Holden. To me it look like it could have been shoulder to chest had he not been falling forward just before contact.
But it’s easier to be outraged by slow motion skewing the scene. That’s the whole point!

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Should have been penalized, along with his high stick on Josi in the first period. Stone played just a hair across the line last night and got away with it. Idk if it's a suspension, I guess if the league wants to go zero tolerance on head contact then they can give him a game. I don't think he had ill intent other than just playing a hard physical game, but you can't get careless while doing that.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
It was an obvious intentional hit, but did he attempt the head specifically? I think it was reckless

It's hard to read intent. But my instinct tells me that yes he did. His little upward thrust at the end does it for me. Again, it's not super egregious, and if a Penalty were called on the ice, not sure I'd do much more than that.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Forsberg gets tangled up and begins to fall which changes the positioning of his head when it's literally too late to not hit him.

Obviously hope he's fine but I don't think this should be anything.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Stone has eyes on his target the whole time. Heads elevate, look at the heels of his skates. He was looking to go high the whole time.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
From the slow motion vid of just the hit, yeah it looks like it could get a game. Wish there was a bit more for me to see though.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Whats FFs status?

I dont like it, Stone is coming in hot and high even before FF is tripped up by the other Vegas player. *rick flair whoo* Should of been able to play the body more.

I get that Stone is protecting the net but its a gate way drug to blowing up players in an area where you often get tripped up and cant be expected to keep their heads up.

The one laying the hit must own it.

the bolded,

Well-Yes-But-Actually-No.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad