Recalled/Assigned: Mark Scheifele sent back to Barrie Colts (OHL)

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They are getting an opportunity. Aren't they? Besides, that isn't on Noel's call. They both got kept up over the older Meech.

I guess we define opportunity differently. I don't consider Redmond sitting in the press box u til an injury happened an opportunity. I thought he earned more with his play you may disagree and that's fine.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I agree with a lot of what you are saying and am not advocating putting a guy like Redmond ahead of Hainsy at this point in time. My main argument is that it took an injury to get Redmond in the line up when it perhaps shouldn't have. I'm all for young guys earning opportunities but it seems that they have to do far more than a veteran to earn them. What more could Redmond realistically do in the AHL to earn a chance to play.

I'm fine with Scheifele being sent back, just wish management would have made the decision quicker. It really seemed like they dragged it along too much and may have messed with his psyche needlessly.
If it shouldn't have taken an injury, who should they have sat for him? Buff, Hainsey or Postma?

Hainsey and Stu were asked to do some heavy lifting, they were together out of necessity. I would gave been fine with Redmond stepping in for Clitsome, but Redmond is right handed and neither he or Postma should be burried in their first start.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I guess we define opportunity differently. I don't consider Redmond sitting in the press box u til an injury happened an opportunity. I thought he earned more with his play you may disagree and that's fine.

He earned a roster spot, but no amount of earning creates a spot for a 4th right handed defender.

Speak of the devil, Beauty goal. He is playing great.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If it shouldn't have taken an injury, who should they have sat for him? Buff, Hainsey or Postma?

Hainsey and Stu were asked to do some heavy lifting, they were together out of necessity. I would gave been fine with Redmond stepping in for Clitsome, but Redmond is right handed and neither he or Postma should be burried in their first start.

I would have sat Clitsome, and paired Redmond with Hainsy and put Postma with Stuart. I would have had Enstrom and Buff take the tough and then I'd have Ron and Zach take middle minutes with Stuart and Paul taking the softs. My point is that there were options available to Noel that didn't involve overplaying a veteran. I want to adapt as a coach and be more flexible. This team long term is only going to go as far as our youth will take this and to do this I think we need a coach like McLean who isn't afraid to try young players in more advanced roles.

No surprise at Zach's play, he was the best player all year for St. John's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad