Confirmed with Link: Mark Lewis (PA Announcer) to Retire

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Legendary voice for sure. Almost as bad as losing Rod Phillips. Hopefully they do a better job of finding a replacement then they did for Rod.

Domino1

Aug 5, 2007
I would like to see James Earl Jones..... Darth Vader as a PA announcer would kick butt lol

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
i know you didnt mean this, but it could be rather ground breaking if the Oilers hired a female PA announcer for the new arena

Since the Oilers have shown a willingness to hire Americans with Jack Michaels, they should try to get Lillian Garcia from the WWE.

Speed220DChalavan

Mar 29, 2014
A big part of the Oilers game experience. Lots of nostalgia.

Memorable call when Weight scored his 25th goal and 100th point.

As is his trademark ''Theeeee Oilers goal....'' - the extension of ''the'' to the extent possible without sounding goofy or amateur.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Lets not go the Flames Monster Trucks/WWE style way

"Calgary goal. Scorrred by #13.....JOHHNNNYYYYYYYYYYY GUUUUUUDREAUUUUUUUU"

*Post Goal sound effect comes on* "Yahhhhhhhhhhhh-h0000000000000000"

Gambl0r83*

Finally, his service will not be forgotten, but the change was overdue. Thanks for stepping down Mark.

Now hire The Rock as our new announcer in Rogers Place. If ya smelllll...what the (scorer) is cookin'

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
Two PA guys i have always liked, Mark Lewis and Paul Morris. Opposite styles, but both have stuck with me since i was a kid. I will continue to mimic mark in the shower.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
No one can replace him as good. I remember playing pond hockey in high school trying to announce goals like him :laugh:

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Like Paul Lorieau and Rod Phillips, Mark Lewis' voice is a part of the history of the Oilers.

As a boy, I too tried to imitate his voice announcing a goal I scored while pretending to be one of the Oilers greats.

Next year is going to be so different.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Two PA guys i have always liked, Mark Lewis and Paul Morris. Opposite styles, but both have stuck with me since i was a kid. I will continue to mimic mark in the shower.

I will always identify Morris with the Leafs and Lewis with the Oilers. The only other one I can name who fits into that same category is the late Claude Mouton of the Montreal Canadiens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad