Confirmed with Link: Mark Lewis (PA Announcer) to Retire

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Stafford sounded like a WHL announcer to me. Glad they're not bringing him back.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Can't remember the name but on the morning show on TSN radio today they were touting the announcer who does Bears hockey.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Sad to hear, he has been wonderful for his entire career in Edmonton.

I had always loved hearing the disappointment in his voice when opposing teams scored.

djdub

This Space for Rent
Oct 1, 2011
Calgary, AB
I must be in the minority. I really hope they bring a guy similar to what Calgary has going on.

My wife is a flames fan, so we go to a lot of games. I enjoy his announcing.

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
I must be in the minority. I really hope they bring a guy similar to what Calgary has going on.

I agree...a powerful voice fires up the crowd I think.

That being said, Mark Lewis did an amazing job throughout his career. Very unique voice. Al Stafford on the other hand was not good at all

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

disagree..that guy announces names like he's at a Monster Truck Rally
loud and obnoxious IMO

Oilers need a classic voice like Mark Lewis

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I agree...a powerful voice fires up the crowd I think.

That being said, Mark Lewis did an amazing job throughout his career. Very unique voice. Al Stafford on the other hand was not good at all

Lewis always got me pumped. The way he drug out "Your Oilers goal" was great. He was always so excited when someone hit a milestone too.

Not Robin Brownlee

The docile tones!
Nov 17, 2008
Lewis always got me pumped. The way he drug out "Your Oilers goal" was great. He was always so excited when someone hit a milestone too.

Not 'your', "THEEEE", "THEEEE OILERS Gooaal"

it was 'your edmonton oilers' before this dumb, 'here come the oilers' crap.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004

Please god no - the flames guy is so freaking horrible. Like the above poster pointed out it sounds like he's announcing a monster truck event.

oilborn

Jun 25, 2009
iconic voice and sad to see him go but the last couple of years he started to sound like he was drunk.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Yeah, no to a Calgary type monster truck announcer. Good God I can't stand the screaming and yelling.

I like the Vancouver guy, but maybe I'm just an old man. A nice, clean delivery with some excitement, but nothing over the top haha.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
Yeah, no to a Calgary type monster truck announcer. Good God I can't stand the screaming and yelling.

I like the Vancouver guy, but maybe I'm just an old man. A nice, clean delivery with some excitement, but nothing over the top haha.

Didn't the Oilers have a guy that replaced Mark a few games? he was pretty good IIRC

BRM

Jul 31, 2003
Meet Mark the other day through work. Great guy. Many memories of his work. Will be missed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad