Injury Report: Mark Fraser

Asif16*

Well. Dont know what specific injury is....but i read somewhere on twitter that he wasnt even in the lockerrom during the third.

I dont know if thats bad or good.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i think he re-tweaked the knee. carlyle pretty much alluded to it.

Asif16*

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters

Mark Fraser will be assessed tomorrow; Carlyle doesn't think it's serious enough to keep him out weeks; believes it'll be day-to-day

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
I hope he's okay and hope he recovers soon, but I still don't like him in our lineup. I find the Leafs get hemmed in their own zone too much when he plays. Leafs had no trouble in their own zone until the 3rd period tonight when Randy chose to use his patented 'defend the 3-goal 3rd period lead' strategy.

Asif16*

I hope he's okay and hope he recovers soon, but I still don't like him in our lineup. I find the Leafs get hemmed in their own zone too much when he plays. Leafs had no trouble in their own zone until the 3rd period tonight when Randy chose to use his patented 'defend the 3-goal 3rd period lead' strategy.

Hemmed in just when he is on? Did you see the parts of the second and ESPECIALLY the third period tonight? Fraser was injured and didnt play the whole period, yet we were still hemmed in...in what felt like the Whole period.

SO its just not him. Im not saying fraser is perfect. But the whole defense is **** in our zone tbh. No one can clear the zone. Gardiner, gunnarson and ranger all had brutal giveaways inside our zone tonight, which kept us hemmed in

McGuiresMonsters

Oct 31, 2011
Toronto
Hemmed in just when he is on? Did you see the parts of the second and ESPECIALLY the third period tonight? Fraser was injured and didnt play the whole period, yet we were still hemmed in...in what felt like the Whole period.

SO its just not him. Im not saying fraser is perfect. But the whole defense is **** in our zone tbh. No one can clear the zone. Gardiner, gunnarson and ranger all had brutal giveaways inside our zone tonight, which kept us hemmed in

I addressed the 3rd period in my post. Fraser is by far our worst defenseman this year and last playoffs from my viewing.

BayStreetBullies*

Hope Fraser recovers asap. It'll be nice to see Rielly back though.

IBLEAF

In the sh-itter @ Scotia bank place
Nov 5, 2009
BARRY'S BAY

This is almost every game to date

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Hope it's nothing serious. Rielly gets back into the lineup, as he deserves to be.

He's not the best skater but I think his physicality on the back end is something we need.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Hate to see an injury but Rielly should be playing so I'm not really terribly sad about this

Delicious Dangles*

I feel for him, but it's hard to be sad about an injury when it means your team is better because of it.

GhettoHockey

Dec 31, 2010
Toronto
Man I dont get how leaf fans give this guy soo much hate... Ive been watching hockey for years and ill say Fraser is good for the team,,, solely on his intimidation factor i'd give him a spot in the top 6

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
what a blessing.

hate to wish injury on a player, but we have to save Randy from himself.

fraser out makes us a better team.

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
Leafs will miss his physicality... we're just too damn soft and don't block enough shots when he's not in the lineup.

We're going to be trapped in our zone more often than not because our forwards don't choose to backcheck hard... but there's no reason why guys can't become more physical and block a lot more shots at a minimum (shouldn't be difficult considering how many shots against we take per game).

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
I agree with this.

still think they are showcasing gardiner for a bigger deal ....u could just send reily back to moose jaw if he wasnt in the plans ......in the end i still think only 1 of gards or reilly will be the offensive D MAN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad