News Article: Mark Borowiecki is done for the season.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wow....that little collision didn't seem that bad. Torn MCLs aren't pretty. It wasn't all that long ago, where a torn ACL or MCL meant the end of your career. Thankfully medical sport science has come a long, long way over the last 30-40 years.

No you want bottom pair and line guiys who are great players. THey're bottom pair guys for a reason, every team has them :P

I think the way the league is trending, the 4th line/bottom pairing guys are starting to become the training grounds for rookies and young guys working to move their way up the roster. The days of the pure 'energy' lines are coming to an end.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Great bottom pairing guy. But Cameron just loves him too muc putting him in situations above his ability

That's it. Hes a great guy, hard working. Putting him on the top line as a forward and pumping his tires while denigrating others, that's on the coach not Boro.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Take all the time you need boro, hell if you gotta miss some games next season do it, your health and well being come before helping the team.

I wonder who is gonna keep this team glued together now?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Our fanbase is all world class :sarcasm:

I don't think anyone was mistaking me for having class and I doubt Borowiecki reads any of these comments.

He works hard and he seems like a nice guy but he's not good enough to be an NHL regular.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Wow....that little collision didn't seem that bad. Torn MCLs aren't pretty. It wasn't all that long ago, where a torn ACL or MCL meant the end of your career. Thankfully medical sport science has come a long, long way over the last 30-40 years.

ACL yeah, but not MCL. They don't even do surgery for MCL. It heals on its own.

My MCL tore so bad it took a piece of bone with it and it healed 100%. Physio guy said it was one of the worst he had ever seen. And it healed so well that I don't even think about it anymore. And mine didn't happen on a collision. I did a really sharp turn, caught a small rut in the ice and it just went. He won't need a brace or anything. Just rest and some physio. Will heal up 100%.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Glad its the MCL (knowing he was injured). They tend to heal really well. I tore mine in high school and the first week was rough but it was pretty amazing how quickly and well it healed. Night and day compared to my high ankle sprain.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don't think anyone was mistaking me for having class and I doubt Borowiecki reads any of these comments.

He works hard and he seems like a nice guy but he's not good enough to be an NHL regular.

I was not targeting anybody because it would take an insane amount of time to comment every post.

Looking back : Your comment was respectful and fair enough, I had absolutely no problem with it. But when people start to disrespect and being totally unfair by hyperbole and scapegoating to the extreme, then I have a problem with it.

You are a good poster and you certainly doesn't fit the "annoying" bill

Regarding Borowiecki, I think he is good enough to be a serviceable 7th D-man. Maybe he shouldn't play all games though but his TIME ON ICE PER GAME reflects that HE DOES HAVE A MINIMAL ROLE ON THE ICE (only Wideman plays less but that's because he doesn't PK)

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
I think there's value in having a 4th liner who can drop back and play D when we're shorthanded due to injury or penalty. If your 12th forward is only going to play 10 mins a night, this is a way that he can add value. Maybe this is the role for a guy like Boro; in a Belak/ Schubert role.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think there's value in having a 4th liner who can drop back and play D when we're shorthanded due to injury or penalty. If your 12th forward is only going to play 10 mins a night, this is a way that he can add value. Maybe this is the role for a guy like Boro; in a Belak/ Schubert role.

Sure, but I think Belak and Schubert were better forwards than Boro is.

Oh well. In the end, Boro is ideally a 7th Dman that we use as a 5th; that's not his fault.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He shouldn't have been playing in the game in the first place. I think coaching staff and management were being negligent.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Meh, not as bad as the loss of Turris but still a bad injury, hope he comes back ready for next year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Feel bad for the guy, hate to see anyone get hurt.

That being said, I don't think we lose much in his absence, outside of feeling the need to play a complete scrub like Kostka in his place.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Take your time Boro. In fact, if this takes a full year to properly mend and get into shape, make sure that happens.

Seriously, fine team player but needs to play very few minutes and never on wing.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Some of you guys don’t like character guys that stand up for their teammates. You just want power fluff players like Zhihanibed!

Same old tired argument, so what if he can't play hockey he stands up for his team mates.

Borowiecki has been in 8 fights/altercations in 63 games and this warrants ignoring the fact he isn't an NHL quality player?

As well, many of those altercations weren't in defense of teammates, but defending his own actions.

I have no problem with players that play a hard nosed game and are more than one dimensional players, but Borowiecki isn't one of those players.

As far as Zibanejad goes, he is doing what he is paid to do.

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
I really don't care.

He's painfully mediocre and I never liked him from his first few games: no puck handling and always falling down. I was amazed at how popular he was but then again, people on here love their grinders (they just won't admit it).

Boro's been the Sens mgmt darling since his development camp days where he'd always win the 'Hardest Worker' award. He's **** but he tries so he's made out as an example to follow, I don't get it.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I simply don't understand this comment, Boro is in the NHL & was playing a regular shift & was rarely a healthy scratch in Ottawa. You may not like it, but that fact remains that he is ahead of all other defencemen in this organization who are not playing in Ottawa & he is ahead of Wiercioch & Wideman on this team & was ahead of Gryba & Cowen. That's four other NHL defencemen that he was ahead of just in Ottawa. There are probably another half dozen defencemen around the league that Boro is better than. Everybody on here is not good enough to be an NHL regular but he is because he is actually doing it. With Cowen gone Boro has become the new scape goat around here that people need to blame all of Ottawa's troubles on.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
I simply don't understand this comment, Boro is in the NHL & was playing a regular shift & was rarely a healthy scratch in Ottawa. You may not like it, but that fact remains that he is ahead of all other defencemen in this organization who are not playing in Ottawa & he is ahead of Wiercioch & Wideman on this team & was ahead of Gryba & Cowen. That's four other NHL defencemen that he was ahead of just in Ottawa. There are probably another half dozen defencemen around the league that Boro is better than. Everybody on here is not good enough to be an NHL regular but he is because he is actually doing it. With Cowen gone Boro has become the new scape goat around here that people need to blame all of Ottawa's troubles on.

This is more an indictment of Cameron than anything else :nod:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

He is most definitely getting blamed for a lot of stuff that he has nothing to do with.

He is still not NHL material however.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is more an indictment of Cameron than anything else :nod:

It should be an indictment of this fan base that doesn't know what it is talking about. He has beaten out four other NHL defencemen on his team for his roster spot including a top 10 pick. He has endeared himself to the organization that has given him a 3 yr extension & he has endeared himself to his coach who has put an "A" on his sweater & he has endeared himself to his teammates who seem to love him. It's the fan base on this board who seem to have a hate on for this guy & thankfully their opinion means jack squat. :laugh:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He is most definitely getting blamed for a lot of stuff that he has nothing to do with.

He is still not NHL material however.

People need to get it through their thick skulls, he is in the NHL, therefore by definition he is an NHL player. And he has beaten out other players who were suppose to be better than him for his roster spot, including Cowen a top 10 pick & Gryba who is also an NHL defenceman playing for another NHL team. People on here may have that opinion but it is by definition WRONG. Not every defenceman in the NHL is a PMD & goal producer, every team had defensive defencemen on their rosters. Some like fancy stats, I prefer FACTS & the fact is Boro is in the NHL & is an NHL player until someone else beats him out for the job ... period.

I watch Ryan, Zibanejad & Hoffman some nights & I don't think they should be NHL material either. :shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad