News Article: Mark Borowiecki is done for the season.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Can we please call up Claesson to play out the rest of the year. He probably has the inside track on the 7th D spot next season, so get him some needed experience.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I really don't care.

He's painfully mediocre and I never liked him from his first few games: no puck handling and always falling down. I was amazed at how popular he was but then again, people on here love their grinders (they just won't admit it).

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
He's one of those guys where you wonder why he gets minutes over other players, why other players are scratched instead of him.

I'm sure he's a great guy but sometimes people aren't good enough for the job they've been given. Borowiecki fits the bill.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Some of you guys don’t like character guys that stand up for their teammates. You just want power fluff players like Zhihanibed!

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Some of you guys don’t like character guys that stand up for their teammates. You just want power fluff players like Zhihanibed!

No.

We just want players that don't suck.

Unfortunately, Boro sucks. It's too bad too: he sounds like a great guy, he works hard as hell and one of the few on this team who will stand up for his teammates.

But this is a result-driven league, if you try hard and suck, then the defining feature is that you suck, not that you try hard.

Unless you are Dave Cameron I suppose.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Is Claesson a glueguy?

I liked him when he was up here. I just don't understand some of the decisions being made...

Especially involving Borowiecki.

I liked the Gomez signing and playing him. I liked the Phaneuf trade. Murray has been on point getting what we need.

But Borowiecki? I actually liked the Wideman-Wiercioch pairing, I liked Claesson over Borowiecki. So many options that looked better than Boro. Why does our coach insist on getting Boro in the lineup?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I liked him when he was up here. I just don't understand some of the decisions being made...

Especially involving Borowiecki.

I liked the Gomez signing and playing him. I liked the Phaneuf trade. Murray has been on point getting what we need.

But Borowiecki? I actually liked the Wideman-Wiercioch pairing, I liked Claesson over Borowiecki. So many options that looked better than Boro. Why does our coach insist on getting Boro in the lineup?

Probably a similar reason as to why Paulrus jammed GSN down everybody throat's.

Reward consistent work ethic.

I can see the rationale behind it, I just think the fact that he sucks matters more.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
No.

We just want players that don't suck.

Unfortunately, Boro sucks. It's too bad too: he sounds like a great guy, he works hard as hell and one of the few on this team who will stand up for his teammates.

But this is a result-driven league, if you try hard and suck, then the defining feature is that you suck, not that you try hard.

Unless you are Dave Cameron I suppose.

No you want bottom pair and line guiys who are great players. THey're bottom pair guys for a reason, every team has them :P

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
No you want bottom pair and line guiys who are great players. THey're bottom pair guys for a reason, every team has them :P

I want someone better than Borowiecki. We actually seem to have some on our team and they get scratched or sent down whenever he's healthy.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
Great bottom pairing guy. But Cameron just loves him too muc putting him in situations above his ability

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Poor DC. Probably sobbing in his pillow uncontrollably right now. Get well soon DC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad