Speculation: Marinaro hinting Ducharme will be fired soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I don't see the point in firing someone to fire someone. The season is done, maybe save Ducharme the heart attack and go interim, but, unless someone Hughes really wants is available, I'd expect them to wait for the offseason and do a thorough search to find someone who fits the type of team they intend to build.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I heard the segment. He clearly said that he had no source. It sounded like pompous bravado for the moment. His claim was that Ducharme would get fired by "this time" tomorrow -- which was near the end of his Habs Lunch segment, a few minutes before 1 PM.

He's just playing odds based on a feeling that we all have about how the current situation can't continue any longer.

If he had a source, he'd be the first to brag about it, just as he's done in the past when he's boasted about how he had a "scoop."

Last edited:

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
I don't see the point in firing someone to fire someone. The season is done, maybe save Ducharme the heart attack and go interim, but, unless someone Hughes really wants is available, I'd expect them to wait for the offseason and do a thorough search to find someone who fits the type of team they intend to build.

Bro, you can't lose every game by 5-6 goals and keep the coach for another 40 games. Changing coaches won't change the results much but hopefully the players won't so obviously mail in every game like they are now. You can lose with your dignity intact.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Bro, you can't lose every game by 5-6 goals and keep the coach for another 40 games. Changing coaches won't change the results much but hopefully the players won't so obviously mail in every game like they are now. You can lose with your dignity intact.

I'm not sure the team makeup will allow them dignity in any case. The play drivers are gone, top D are gone, Petry is doing whatever he's doing, and they are on their fourth string goalie. Sure, change the coach, but don't expect it to do much. The problem is that they changed the GM after the offseason instead of before.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I 100% agree you shouldn't fire someone just to fire someone. This would not be the case with DD. Team is getting blown out, moral is rock bottom, his system is not being executed and the team has just given up. You can lose but build confidence in your youth. Ottawa was a terrible team under Smith but man, they competed their asses off every game. That's acceptable in a lost year. Having an entire room, many of them still very young, be completely demoralized is not.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
With Richardson doing the press conference today, I think the writing on the wall. Richardson being someone the players respect and will play for. DD, not so much.
Agree a bit of a surprise but nothing would shock me. Wideman interview was interesting talking about personal accountability. The Petry situation is like the elephant in the room.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

PuckNorris

Mar 11, 2008
Montreal
I heard the segment. He clearly said that he had no source. It sounded like pompous bravado for the moment. His claim was that Ducharme would get fired by "this time" tomorrow -- which was near the end of his Habs Lunch segment, a few minutes before 1 PM.

He's just playing odds based on a feeling that we all have about how the current situation can't continue any longer.

If he had a source, he'd be the first to brag about it, just as he's done in the past when he's boasted about how he had a "scooop."

I've been listening to Marinaro long enough that when he makes these oddly specific predictions it's usually because he has inside knowledge. Then he likes to tease it until it happens. Then he boasts about it for half his show.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Gorton gave Ducharme the kiss of death during his presser when he said Ducharme would stay for the year.

And then Hughes game him another kiss of death when he said the same thing.

DD now stands for Double Doomed.

Reactions: EveryDay and 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad