Marian Hossa

jg729

Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
His first 4 seasons were part of the 0-4 loss to the Leafs in the playoffs. He was labelled soft and the Leafs fans called him Mary Ann.

He was the laughing stock for being traded to PITT in 08 and then signing with DET in 09.

I feel happy for Hossa. I do hope he drops by Toronto sometime to show off his 3 rings to the Laff fans, before entering into the Hockey HOF :)

p.s. Should I post this on the Leafs board? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
His first 4 seasons were part of the 0-4 loss to the Leafs in the playoffs. He was labelled soft and the Leafs fans called him Mary Ann.

He was the laughing stock for being traded to PITT in 08 and then signing with DET in 09.

I'm feel happy for Hossa. I do hope he drops by Toronto sometime to show off his 3 rings to the Laff fans, before entering into the Hockey HOF :)

I dare you too. :sarcasm:

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa

I feel happy for Hossa. I do hope he drops by Toronto sometime to show off his 3 rings to the Laff fans, before entering into the Hockey HOF :)

Why would you lower yourself into doing this?

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
The best player to ever wear a Senators jersey on my opinion. Was he actually a laughing stock after that trade? That seems weird but people are idiots I guess.

My favorite Hossa moment was going to a Sens Leafs playoff game at the ACC and Hossa had a great breakaway diving goal as we went on to win the game.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
The best player to ever wear a Senators jersey on my opinion. Was he actually a laughing stock after that trade? That seems weird but people are idiots I guess.

My favorite Hossa moment was going to a Sens Leafs playoff game at the ACC and Hossa had a great breakaway diving goal as we went on to win the game.

Bold is arguable.

Definitely the best for come out of Ottawa.

Frank8

Sep 19, 2013

Oh man, like it was yesterday!

My favourite Hossa moment: A buddy of mine (a Leaf fan) was a bouncer at The Bulldog (anyone?). One evening, he called in sick. Later that night his girlfriend, thinking he was at work, comes home with Marian Hossa. My buddy probably could have ended Marian's career that night, thankfully he didn't. Needless to say, Hossa being my favourite player put a strain on that relationship.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Oh man, like it was yesterday!

My favourite Hossa moment: A buddy of mine (a Leaf fan) was a bouncer at The Bulldog (anyone?). One evening, he called in sick. Later that night his girlfriend, thinking he was at work, comes home with Marian Hossa. My buddy probably could have ended Marian's career that night, thankfully he didn't. Needless to say, Hossa being my favourite player put a strain on that relationship.

lol great story..

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

Most laff fans probably don't remember/didn't watch hockey/were too young at the time

cage

Apr 25, 2004
Not sure why you would post this on the leafs board. They can just point at us and say we traded him away

jg729

Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
Not sure why you would post this on the leafs board. They can just point at us and say we traded him away

It wasn't a bad deal. We got 2-time 50-goal scorer and 1/3 of the line that carried us to the Cup Final. Hossa eventually won 3 Cups because of Kane/Toews/Keith etc.

Ttracer*

Over rated, always had a great supporting cast

See what happens when you go from pond scum Toronto to a good team? You are a hall of famer

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It wasn't a bad deal. We got 2-time 50-goal scorer and 1/3 of the line that carried us to the Cup Final. Hossa eventually won 3 Cups because of Kane/Toews/Keith etc.

How the deal went down was terrible, however. Whenever people say Murray is too nice, I think at least he wasn't as stupid as Muckler.

Oh and Hossa won cups because you win and lose as a team? How insightful. It's almost like a team has to be good to win a Cup and it's done without only one person. Even with Hossas age now he still looked like a beast out there game in and game out. Overrated? Hardly. He's an incredible player.

WhiteLight*

Signing and trading hossa the way muckler did also cost us chara according to some.

The cap was 40M back then anyway. Hossa took 6. Chara wanted 7.

If Hossa and Chara stayed, other key players, be it Alfredsson, Redden, Phillips, Spezza or Fisher, would have have been moved out anyway. Hossa + Chara takes up a LOT of space for just 2 players. Someone was going to bite the dust regardless

Tee Lo

May 1, 2015

Noooooo... not even Top 5

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
It is weird for me to think about but if Hossa stays healthy and plays 71 or more games next season then he will have played more regular season games as a Blackhawk then as a Senator.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
He has played in 5 of the last 8 Stanley Cup Finals. That's pretty nuts

He's definitely one of our all time greats and I'm happy to see him win another.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
He has played in 5 of the last 8 Stanley Cup Finals. That's pretty nuts

He's definitely one of our all time greats and I'm happy to see him win another.

Happy to see him win and Vermette. Have a soft spot for both those players.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
List please. My curiousity has been peaked. Also, I'm adding a no Hasek rule.

Ooh, me! Me!

BonkTastic's Top-5 Senators Ever ("Skill Only" Edition)
1) Daniel Alfredsson
2) Alexei Yashin
3) Marian Hossa
4) Erik Karlsson
5) Jason Spezza
-------------------
6) Dany Heatley
7) Zdeno Chara
8) Wade Redden
9) Steve Duchesne
10) Radek Bonk (for obvious reasons)

By the time Karlsson is 30, he'll probably be at the top of this list, but as it is, this is it.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
The cap was 40M back then anyway. Hossa took 6. Chara wanted 7.

If Hossa and Chara stayed, other key players, be it Alfredsson, Redden, Phillips, Spezza or Fisher, would have have been moved out anyway. Hossa + Chara takes up a LOT of space for just 2 players. Someone was going to bite the dust regardless

Fair enough. Heatley was 1.5 million less. Probably would not have signed Corvo for 2.5, and maybe Chara takes a discount to stay with Hossa. I certainly don't stay awake at night thinking about it, but the cap issue is one hat doesn't get raised often, good point

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I agree by the time it's all said and done Karlsson will top the list. It's all opinion and there's no wrong answer but pure skill wise I'd still take Hossa over all of those guys and I feel like the only comparable is Yashin. And by skill I would point out the all around game which is why I think Spezza and Heatley fall below Yashin and Hossa. Hossa is the power forward we always claimed we wanted that let slip away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad