Tribute Marián Gáborik Memories

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019

My favorite Ranger from the moment he signed. First jersey I bought. He was one of my favorite players in the league before he signed with the Rangers. That first game against Pittsburgh, I went and bought his jersey the next morning. What a great career.

Man, he really was able to cleanly beat goalies with his shot from the top of the circles. You don't see that from many players today other than Ovechkin.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Two memories stand out.

Right after he was drafted by Minnesota, I met him at a sporting goods store at the Mall of America. He was so young and so slight. His English was poor but he was very gracious.

A few years later I saw him hang 5 on Henrik. What a show that was.

Very good player, very nice man. Congratulations on a great career.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Two memories stand out.

Right after he was drafted by Minnesota, I met him at a sporting goods store at the Mall of America. He was so young and so slight. His English was poor but he was very gracious.

A few years later I saw him hang 5 on Henrik. What a show that was.

Very good player, very nice man. Congratulations on a great career.
I was in section 108. We should have had a meet up @RangersFan1994 @Machinehead

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Was a lot of fun to watch.
What was the actual story with him and Torts? Was there unrepairable acrimony or was it a case of trying to recoup the depth lost in the Nash trade?
I remember being convinced that we needed both Nash and Gaborik on the team to spread the threat rather than swapping from one to other, not sure we ever could have made it work cap-wise though

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I was in section 108. We should have had a meet up @RangersFan1994 @Machinehead
I was way up in the boonies.

This is when I was a wee college student and didn't work yet, and that's what I could afford on saved birthday money.

It's always nice to see a show like that during the times when you can't get to the games often.

IIRC Vinny Prospal also scored and Brian Boyle had a goal and a fight.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
3C783C93-1ED4-4E32-901F-E1D238EC6A35.jpeg

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
My first real Gabby "WOW" moment was this goal (stick tap to the amazing @Loffen for the video):

What a shot. I remember being a little light headed after this goal because I jumped up too fast haha.

Was that offsides? lol I remember thinking it was very close and now here I am thinking it was still close to off.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My first real Gabby "WOW" moment was this goal (stick tap to the amazing @Loffen for the video):

What a shot. I remember being a little light headed after this goal because I jumped up too fast haha.

I was at the game and had a perfect sight line for that entire sequence. My friend that I went with talk about that goal at least once a year

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4