Tribute Marián Gáborik Memories

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
He started an elite hockey player and finished an elite "let's remember guys" player.

He played for Ottawa. That is a thing that happened.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago

My favorite Ranger from the moment he signed. First jersey I bought. He was one of my favorite players in the league before he signed with the Rangers. That first game against Pittsburgh, I went and bought his jersey the next morning. What a great career.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
There were those couple minutes when the initial reports were that he was signing for 5.75 per year. It was all downhill after that.

Zamboner

Juice in his slacks
Feb 7, 2013
NY
After one disastrous free agent signing after another, Gaborik did something miraculous: He came to the Rangers, got paid and ... Played great. Couldn't' believe it. Two out of the three seasons with 40 goals, solid defensively, never annoyed me, an icon on HBO 24/7, loved the Marian Gaborik Experience.

Then Torts ran him out, like the destructive lowlife Torts was.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I seem to remember one of our posters made an incredible highlight reel vid of his goals on YouTube back on the day.

I've never seen another player so automatic on breakaways in my life. If he was coming in on the goalie alone you always expected him to score.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I loved Gaborik but I'd look back on him much more fondly if he wasn't on the Kings in 2014.

That game vs Boston, the one time the Nash-Richards-Gaborik line ever looked good, was so exciting and made me get so pumped at the possibility of that line being good going forward.

Gaborik kind of goes under the radar as a big time UFA signing that was a resounding success and worth every penny. He had two 40 goal seasons out of the 3 full ones he played here and for almost the whole time he was the entire offense basically, then we flipped him for a package that netted us our 2C for our contending window among other assets.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
One of those rare free agent signings where we got good value for the first few years and then traded him at the precisely correct moment when he started to decline.

Obviously he was still a pretty big factor when the Kings beat us in the cup finals but he was never quite the same again once he hit 30 years of age.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4