MarginallyGoldTavares projected 14th

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
did he prefer to be called bill or billy?

I got the end of the argument right here!

If you go watch some of the locker room interviews you will see "Dougie", "Billy", Johnny", "Fransie"...terms of endearment used what talking to or about children or aquiantences.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Tavares is going to have problems landing in the top twenty of scoring with the team as it stands now. Brad Boyes is still not an answer for the question of a wing for him, and our defense remains a joke.

If he does do it, it will mean he has developed into OV, Crosby, Malkin territory because he will have done it primarily on his own. While I would love to see this happen, I can't hold my breath for it either.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
JW here, but why are people still hung up on the "marginally talented" remarks made by one guy (who I literally saw nobody on HF or any other media cites agree with)? Don't get it. haha

Hoping JT improves upon last year and I think he will-but even if he's a career 80 point player-I'll take it!

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
Tavares is going to have problems landing in the top twenty of scoring with the team as it stands now. Brad Boyes is still not an answer for the question of a wing for him, and our defense remains a joke.

If he does do it, it will mean he has developed into OV, Crosby, Malkin territory because he will have done it primarily on his own. While I would love to see this happen, I can't hold my breath for it either.

Why? Parenteau wasn't the answer either, yet Tavares finished tied for 7th last year in scoring. If Boyes doesn't work out, the Isles will switch some guys around until something clicks(Okposo maybe, considering he's had success with Tavares in the past). I'd consider Tavares a lock for the top-20, considering A) where he placed last year and B) the way his point totals have been trending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad