MarginallyGoldTavares projected 14th

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=84332

TSN fantasy ranks are out. Our little super sayain ranks in at 14 behind some of the biggest names in the game. Only person I'm upset about being 'ahead' of him is Seguin with the same amount of points, but 1 less game played.

They also threw Strome in there with 26 points. If he indeed makes the team, I'd be very happy with that number.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Those 13 fools in front of him are not marginally talented enough. JT will score 65 points and have more people trying to bite him.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
A lot of players that will be playing with Johnny have not played any type of formal hockey during the lockout. Thus, I could see a lot of rusty players coming out of the gates kind of holding Johnny back a little.

That being said, I expect a PPG from JT. The kid is that good

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
A lot of players that will be playing with Johnny have not played any type of formal hockey during the lockout. Thus, I could see a lot of rusty players coming out of the gates kind of holding Johnny back a little.

That being said, I expect a PPG from JT. The kid is that good

I think we can expect him to put up a PPG considering he already did it last year(1 point short, whatever). If he has worked on his shot, which it sounds like he has, I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up over a PPG.

Either way, we'll need him to dominate if we want to have a chance at making the playoffs. Lots of youth, huge question mark on defense, old goalie/injury prone goalie/two unproven goalies. JT needs to put this team on his back this year, otherwise we'll probably be looking at another top pick.

No pressure, Hans.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?ID=84332

TSN fantasy ranks are out. Our little super sayain ranks in at 14 behind some of the biggest names in the game. Only person I'm upset about being 'ahead' of him is Seguin with the same amount of points, but 1 less game played.

They also threw Strome in there with 26 points. If he indeed makes the team, I'd be very happy with that number.

Not that it matters, but JT finished last season tied 7th and only 3 points from 4th. Only Sid was excluded who would have probably beaten his numbers.
I am thinking that JT is a top 5 scorer in the whole league, but only a full season with it's ups and downs can tell the story.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
If you want to win your fantasy league, do not pick Tavares in the first two rounds. If he's hanging around in the third or fourth, then snap him up.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
JT's game is vastly improved over last year. All parts of it. Skating, strength, shot. Granted he'd been playing with inferior competition but also inferior linemates - no disrespect to Byron Ritchie, Joel Vermin et all.

He'll have to adjust to a new winger this year (be it Boyes, Strome, Okposo that he played with last year a bit) and not having Visnovsky or Hamonic to start the year will hurt the transition game and the PP somewhat - but I still expect 55-60 pts from him, over 48 games.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
why is anybody even the slightest bit concerned by where he ranks in some idiotic fantasy league/pool/pole...or whatever the hell you want to call it?
garth--and us islanders fans--know what we have in the man. a dynamic, game changing player with still untapped potential. who cares if the rest of the world sees it........or doesnt.

and yes, i did call john taveras a "MAN".....hes no longer a "boy".....so you should really stop calling him "johnny".

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
why is anybody even the slightest bit concerned by where he ranks in some idiotic fantasy league/pool/pole...or whatever the hell you want to call it?
garth--and us islanders fans--know what we have in the man. a dynamic, game changing player with still untapped potential. who cares if the rest of the world sees it........or doesnt.

and yes, i did call john taveras a "MAN".....hes no longer a "boy".....so you should really stop calling him "johnny".

Why cant you call a man Johnny ?

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland

Wow. Johnny Depp must feel like an idiot. This whole time everyone thought he was just a boy.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
what does he call himself? john or johnny? when he signs an autograph, does it say johnny tavares or john tavares?
you call the man what he calls himself.

You are really reaching. No one is talking to Tavares. We are talking about him on a message board. Much like when people refer to Hamonic as "Hammer"; MacDonald as "AMac", or even Tavares as "Hans". It means nothing.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
I don't buy that because I sign and write my name as Christopher, but I'd rather be called Chris.

i can see your point. and ill just refer to you as chris from now on. if im not mistaken, you live on long island. ( correct me if im wrong about that ) so you have a better chance of going to an islanders game than i do ( i live and cant wait to die ) in baltimore. how about you ask the man in person, "do you prefer to be called john or johnny?" ill refer to him as whatever he wants to be called after that.....as the rest of us should.

Veteran journeyman

May 12, 2007
You are really reaching. No one is talking to Tavares. We are talking about him on a message board. Much like when people refer to Hamonic as "Hammer"; MacDonald as "AMac", or even Tavares as "Hans". It means nothing.

:laugh: You mean the Marginally Talented Hans Tavares Peugeot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad