Value of: Marcus Pettersson or some other LD to the Devils

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
At his cap hit, 1st+ quite honestly. He's a top pairing dman for us. Signed next year for $4mil. If moved at the TDL, he'd have sky high value. Problem for the Penguins would be replacement. He may be one of the hardest positions to replace at the moment and there's not a lot available on the market to do so. We also lack the prospects.

From the Devils, yeah a 1st+3rd. I would want something like 2025 1st + 2024 3rd. We will likely lose our 2025 1st to SJS so replacing that should be priority.

That all said, I just don't see it happening. We need Pettersson now and in the future. Unless you're offering Mercer or Holtz, then I doubt anything happens.
The offer would be something like two 2nds and Bahl, who can replace Pettersson for the Penguins. Or a 2nd, B prospect and Bahl. The problem is that they don't have a 2nd round pick this year unless they play in the conference finals.

I would also consider a top10 protected 1st (25) + Bahl for Pettersson. However, this might be too high a price to pay.

We need to ride this year out we brought in youth and just let it grow ....Without a trade we might still get in and make some noise and a trade doesn't guarantee we make it or don't ...Growth year for us and then if necessary address this in offseason but for a team that drafted defense heavy it's time to see if these guys can play...Misyul is there I'd like to see him up this year if not next year he's a talented defenseman that prefers to play a stay at home role
They need someone who can play heavy minutes in the defense. Bahl, Misyul or these other young guys aren't those players. Pettersson isn't a rental either so he would help the team next few seasons.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
The offer would be something like two 2nds and Bahl, who can replace Pettersson for the Penguins. Or a 2nd, B prospect and Bahl. The problem is that they don't have a 2nd round pick this year unless they play in the conference finals.

I would also consider a top10 protected 1st (25) + Bahl for Pettersson.

They need someone who can play heavy minutes in the defense. Bahl, Misyul or these other young guys aren't those players.
Misyul could be played in KHL...He can play booming shot but more stay at home makes no sense to draft d heavy and not see what you got...if Bahl would play consistently physical he would be better but he's still young inconsistency is common with young players....

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK

I would also consider a top10 protected 1st (25) + Bahl for Pettersson. However, this might be too high a price to pay.

They need someone who can play heavy minutes in the defense. Bahl, Misyul or these other young guys aren't those players. Pettersson isn't a rental either so he would help the team next few seasons.

Don't really want any part of Bahl but if he has to be included then top 10 protected 1st (25) + Bahl is probably fair value. Pettersson will be 29 once his deal is up and I don't see any reason why he wouldn't still be a good top 4 defensive dmen until 33/34.

Reactions: domaug

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
At his cap hit, 1st+ quite honestly. He's a top pairing dman for us. Signed next year for $4mil. If moved at the TDL, he'd have sky high value. Problem for the Penguins would be replacement. He may be one of the hardest positions to replace at the moment and there's not a lot available on the market to do so. We also lack the prospects.

From the Devils, yeah a 1st+3rd. I would want something like 2025 1st + 2024 3rd. We will likely lose our 2025 1st to SJS so replacing that should be priority.

That all said, I just don't see it happening. We need Pettersson now and in the future. Unless you're offering Mercer or Holtz, then I doubt anything happens.
We would offer Kevin Bahl as a swap plus a pick. Bahl is what we'd hope Petey woudl become (with size!) He's still only just 100 games into playing nhl games but I'd rather pay for Petey. Pkg with Ned before the TDL and make it work.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
We would offer Kevin Bahl as a swap plus a pick. Bahl is what we'd hope Petey woudl become (with size!) He's still only just 100 games into playing nhl games but I'd rather pay for Petey. Pkg with Ned before the TDL and make it work.
The pick would have to be a 1st. First, because you're a division rival. Second, we have little incentive to move Pettersson. Third, Bahl is not as good as Pettersson so we would need motivation to become worse. Especially given that Pettsy is signed next year at a VERY reasonable cap hit and would have a working on-ice relationship with Marino.

Reactions: domaug

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Habs may move Matheson but it will take overpayment. Holtz and a first?
We are going to need some lower end contracts so that probably wont work

The pick would have to be a 1st. First, because you're a division rival. Second, we have little incentive to move Pettersson. Third, Bahl is not as good as Pettersson so we would need motivation to become worse. Especially given that Pettsy is signed next year at a VERY reasonable cap hit and would have a working on-ice relationship with Marino.
Devs fans wanting Petey have not balked at that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad